waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 13-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Default System Recommendation for RB26DETT

Hi guys. My name is Joey and I am extremely interested in the Aquamist system.

I currently have my engine being built by a machine shop in Canada and I hope to do it right at once. Here is some details:

Custom engine with OEM Crankshaft 2568cc and High lift cams
1000cc Injectors (Injectors Dynamics)
Apexi' Power FC
Twin Turbos going to run at 1.5bar boost
OEM Individual Throttle Bodies

I would love to tap six holes in the intake plenum runners to get even distribution of water/meth. However I have the following questions:

1. I don't know what size of jet should I get. I plan to run 1.5bar boost on a 2.6L I6 engine and would like to extract the maximum benefit of doing water/meth

2. How will the system work with the Apexi' Power FC since it is a one-map only ECU? It works just fine if it is a one-map setting but it is no Motec. How can I make it reliable and redundant as long as supply of water/meth is stable?

I saw a SERIOUS R33 GTR with Greddy Intake Plenum has 6 jet tapped on the runners on the forum and I would like to do something similar, if not equally impressive.
Old 13-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: System Recommendation for RB26DETT

What is your target power?
assuming you will be running M50/W50. You should be running approximately 15-20% of your fuel flow, ie 1050cc/min.
I recommend running 7 jets, 6 for port injection and the other one for IAT cooling.

You need 6x 110cc checkvalve jets and one 0.8mm for inlet cooling. Aquamist HFS3 (recommended) reads the IDC signal from one of your fuel injectors to meter water/meth flow.
Old 14-10-2014, 09:00 PM

I will make 550-600bhp for my current turbo setup but I will make more later with a difference setup. The pulse width of the 1000cc injectors may probably be 55-60%.

So what size is 110cc check valve jet? I am noob lol can't find a corresponding size on aquamist-direct.
Old 14-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Most of the the direct port checkvalve jets are custom made to order based on flow.
The 110c is based on the 0.4mm jet. There are three steps A, B C. Correspondent flow is 92, 110, 140cc/min. (C= standard). All flow rates are calibrated at 150cc/min.

There is a comment option before final checkout. you just ask for the desired flow and we will do the rest.

If you are only using 55-60% DC, It will advisable to set the pre-amp stage to x1.5 and alter it later when you higher power goal is achieved.
Old 20-02-2015, 10:52 PM

One more question.

Should I place the jet before or after the throttle valves, or it doesn't matter since it's on boost?

I have individual throttle bodies right before the intake ports.
Old 22-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyBCNR33 View Post
One more question.

Should I place the jet before or after the throttle valves, or it doesn't matter since it's on boost?

I have individual throttle bodies right before the intake ports.
I believe if you run direct port (6 injectors), it doesn't really matter. You only spray when you are on boost.