waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 15-03-2006, 09:29 AM

Default EVO 8 WI kit recommendations wanted

Hi all,

I drive an EVO 8 Lancer with an aftermarket ECU (Autronic) and have been teasing myelf with the idea of WI for a while now. I am wondering what the best combo of parts would be for this vehicle? I have a feeling that the 2C with DDS3 and an evo8 PnP fitting kit would be the way to go but am looking for positive reinforcement. I should state that I am after a setup that offers good failsafe protection and that can integrate with my existing ecu.
I look forward to your replies.

cheers Matt
Old 16-03-2006, 03:34 AM

hi Matt,
fellow evo owner!
I have a Hydra ecu, it is connected to the WI system, with a map for water. Unless the Autronic can be triggered to change maps on the fly your best bet may be to go with Aquamist's 2D with DDS3. With the Hydra that same system has been used for the WI link. I just don't know if anyone has developed any harnesses or configurations in the Autronics that would make the instillation easy. The 2D and DDS3 does everything you need in any event.

As far as I can tell WORKS has an exclusive on the PNP mount on the evo. It is fitted where the boost solenoid is.
I am using an aquamist bracket (non specific) mounted on top, of that same frame rail as the Works mount. My location requires using an aftermarket air filter.
If you decide to do the install yourself there are a few instillations shown in the photos section and I can suggest a few things.

I drive an EVO 8 Lancer with an aftermarket ECU (Autronic) and have been teasing myelf with the idea of WI for a while now. I am wondering what the best combo of parts would be for this vehicle? I have a feeling that the 2C with DDS3 and an evo8 PnP fitting kit would be the way to go but am looking for positive reinforcement. I should state that I am after a setup that offers good failsafe protection and that can integrate with my existing ecu.
I look forward to your replies.
Old 16-03-2006, 11:40 AM

Hi Megavar

you can make HSV work with basic kit in your EVO PNP and map 3d map. Ask your dealer! I am an autronic dealer and I know this can be done with no sweat.