waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 24-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Superoxygenated Water/Methanol Injection

Hi,

I've read this in vwvortex ... :shock:

What makes my setup of possible interest is that I am injecting superoxygenated water/methanol just before the throttle body. The reason for oxygenated water - 2-10 times the dissolved oxygen content of regular water - is that water injection displaces some oxygen volume in the intake charge. Dissolved superoxygenation fits oxygen in between the hydrogen and as such does not increase its resting volume, but contributes bonus oxygen to compensate for that displaced by the water and methanol. Likewise, hydrogen will not combust, whereas methanol will, so a water/methanol mix has high latent heat absorption as well as combustability, with methanol, an oxygenated fuel, also adding a little extra oxygen to catalise combustion. The stainless steel tanks and their contents are refrigerated to near freezing point (meth stops it from freezing), so I also get a really cold mist into the intake plenum.

What is your opinion on this??? :? :?

Thanks,
Old 24-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

This should work very well.

The combination od added oxygen and super-cooler mixture will improve your power significantly.
Old 25-11-2004, 06:00 AM

Default Hmmmm

The chilled water makes sense, (provided you don't get the intake charge too cold for good combustion without needing additional ignition advance).

But I don't buy his "science" about super oxygenation --- smacks of marketing hype to me.

Larry
Old 28-11-2004, 09:26 PM

Sheesh, if you're going to bother with all that, just use Nitrous.
Old 29-11-2004, 11:51 PM

Or Nitromethane in the methanol - Oh sounds like dragster fuel .
Old 02-12-2004, 04:48 PM

TAZ, are those beverage tanks? Looks like.
Are you using a pump or you just fill the tanks half and put pressure air on them?

I wanted to try this: a tank like your, water and/or methanol, pressure air and a line to a fuel injector placed before the throttle body.
To spray just apply a voltage to the injector!
No valves, no nothing. You can also modulate the voltage to obtain more or less liquid depending for example on the manifold pressure.
Or just a simple pressure switch.

The water temperature doesn't matter: the evaporation energy of water is about 100 times higher that the caloric energy, so you will cool the same using 5?C or 90?C water (40F or 195F).
Old 06-12-2004, 11:46 PM

tici,

It's not my setup.....
I've read this in vwvortex (www.vwvortex.com).

I wanted the experience guys to check if this is bulls@"t or not...

It seams strange setup with huge tanks all over the spare space ... :lol: :lol: :shock:
Old 06-12-2004, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Superoxygenated Water/Methanol Injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ
Hi,

What is your opinion on this??? :? :?

Thanks,
Looks to me like the "pilot" is making a bid for the Darwin awards.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:46 PM

Default Superoxygenated water injection

Hello Taz and Hotrod

The science in this instance is real, though admittedly there is a lot of crap published on the subject.

Might I suggest that you visit the following link: http://www.pakdaman.de/english/pages/hypoxie.html and search for the text "60 mg", which will confirm the minimum dissolved O2 figure achievable using this technique. I have on many occassions checked the oxygen content of the water after 10 minutes of depressurising at room temperature, using advanced scientific laboratory dissolved oxygen meters and the results are consistently between 60-100+ mg/L of dissolved oxygen. Most meters don't measure beyond 14mg/L, since water under natural circumstances would not exceed 14mg/L, with normal standing water usually at 7mg/L.

My superoxygenating equipment is shown below for what it's worth.

I have worked closely with Richard on partial co-development of the Aquamist 2D system, having used my car as the prototype test car. I have had some interesting experiences subsequently experimenting with superoxygenated water/methanol, which is what the illustrated stainless steel beverage tanks are for, running two comparative switchable blends. Two tanks enable me to do approximately a 1000km inter-city cross country run, requiring only repressurisation with oxygen along the way. The tank pressure also serves to pre-pressurise the water-pump by 3 bar, giving it less to do and minimising system pressure drops.

Regards

Stuart

[/img]
Old 07-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Stuart,
I don't know what the additional 100 mg/L oxygen will do, I bet nothing because in the air there is about 20% of this gas.
About 50'000 mg/sec of pure oxygen in my LS1 engine at WOT

However: this of the beverage bottles is turning in my head since a couple of days. Is it realistic to fill one of those bottles with water or watever, pressurize the bottle and spray the liquid without a pump?
I think those bottles can handle some more pressure than 3 bar, so why not "spray from the bottle"?
A little 12V air pump
A pressure switch + safety valve for the bottle
A pressure switch to spray

Why not?

Stefano