waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 07-10-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Please can some come to the rescue!!!!!!!

i have the kit 1s fitted to my MR2 GT Turbo with other mods and with a 0.4 jet was making 264HP and 310lb/ft torque at 1.2 bar. I have 2 alloy thermos tanks as my resorvoir and use a 30% methonal mix which i put in the freezer for 2 days to lower its temp, the meth of course stops it freezing, my problem is this, after speaking to richard he suggested using a 0.5mm jet which i have however i can only now make 1bar!?!?
am i flowing too much water or am i missing something else.
Old 13-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

It could be cooling the charge so much that the pressure drop is relately to temperature drop. You must be talking about sub-zero inlet air. Theremust be a mathematian here to calculate the density increase due to the pressure drop of 0.2bar at 5-6kg/min of air.

The air inside inlet pipe must be experience something like a snow storm in the Arctics.

The cooling effect must be so effective as the actual latent heat conversion is taken place during the entire journey inside the inlet tract, unlike the propane and N20 injection where the eveporation is taken place at the point of injection.

Do you have a temperature probe to record the actural temperature drop?
Old 19-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

This interesting mail from baz995 could be something very interesting and significant to power increase. A hyper-cooled water/methanol mix was injected and can someone give some comment that the boost drop condition may be due to sudden temperature drop in the inlet tract.

If this is the case, it will have great usage for application such a 1/4 mile drag race.
Old 19-10-2004, 04:45 PM

Default thanks

i have put the 0.4mm jet back in and find that it works better again, i have however found a jet with a red band could someone let me know what size this is?

i will try out a 5% meth mix and a 50/50 meth mix as after speaking to the owner of the Fensport 400hp Celica this is what he uses.
Old 20-10-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz995
i have put the 0.4mm jet back in and find that it works better again, i have however found a jet with a red band could someone let me know what size this is?

i will try out a 5% meth mix and a 50/50 meth mix as after speaking to the owner of the Fensport 400hp Celica this is what he uses.
That's odd, the aquamist site doesn't mention a red jet (suppliers listing).
Just a blue/red one (0.7mm).

But, I have a red one as well, it's still in the bag and it's a 0.7mm according to the label on the bag.

Janis
Old 24-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Since 2002, the 0.7mm has just one red band.
Old 24-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz995

It will be injection if the effect of the power drop is due to over cooling, too lean a mixture or something else.

I would like to get to the bottom of this with your help. 5% and 50% should produce some interesting results.

It has always been my theory that a super cooled water methanol mix will give a huge range of cooling power.

Sometime ago, a supercharged M3 reported a mis-fire with 50% methanol mix in winter temperature below zero! When methanol % was reduced to 25%, the symptom disappeared completely.

If this episode repeated itself on your car, it has to be the over-cooler air blowing out the sparks and caused your boost drop? It is a possibility.