waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Avoiding Disaster

Old 11-06-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Improving my system

Hi,

I run a coolingmist system running 100% Methanol running about 15% of my overall fuel requirements. I am currently addding loads of timing adv with the help of a knock sensor and egt gauge. I intend to get my tune a lot closer than i currently am.

I've had a few close calls with the fittings jumping off at times. ( i have survived by luck and a gut fealing something was wrong )

With the major performance gains avalable i feal its time up up the quality of the system. I am happy enopugh with the controller and the amount i am injecting but dont like the fittings. Where do i go from here.

Scott
Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

what type of fitting are you using now? the pushing fitting is reliable for up to 20 bar. Ay eyou concerning about the barb fitting blowing off?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:36 PM

I currently have the bard type. I really dont rate them. I wanna imporve it from the tank to the final point. I am interested in the aquamist nozzels. I run 5.5gph at 100 psi. Is there a close comparason

Scott
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdminus
I currently have the bard type. I really dont rate them. I wanna imporve it from the tank to the final point. I am interested in the aquamist nozzels. I run 5.5gph at 100 psi. Is there a close comparason

Scott
I think the nearest one to it is 1mm 806-325 (hosetail for 4mm) 806-356 (hosetail for 6mm). The jet does not have any internal filter, you may bneed to get a 100um for the inlet of the Shurflo pump.

Richard
Old 13-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Thanks Richard.

I need to check out the web site to see what you have on there. I want to keep the pump and the controller. The rest i can ditch/change for better reliablity

Scott
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Richard. I am going to order the nozzels this week. I have 6mm lines. ( basically they are pneumatic lines )
I am going to up my flow to around 8 or more gph at 100psi. I think that is about 500 +cc/1. I currently have the coolingmist nozzels but the spray pattern looks better on the aquamist ones. As well as the nozzels is there a push fit conector for them to attach to my 6mm line.

Scott
Old 10-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdminus
Richard. I am going to order the nozzels this week. I have 6mm lines. ( basically they are pneumatic lines )
I am going to up my flow to around 8 or more gph at 100psi. I think that is about 500 +cc/1. I currently have the coolingmist nozzels but the spray pattern looks better on the aquamist ones. As well as the nozzels is there a push fit conector for them to attach to my 6mm line.

Scott
We only keep barbed hosetail jets for the 4mm (2.5mm id) and 6mm (4mm id) line.

Richard