waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 04-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Another approach to tuning with W.I. ?

I am about to get my baby tuned soon , I plan to tune for 25-28 psi boost with WI , after reading a few threads on How To do it , this is what I came up with .
First , tune on pump gas set the areas before WI onset to safe A/F ratios and use conservative ignition advance (use premium or regular fuel , what ever you would normally use), this would vary according to engine type , mods . etc .
Pause a while and disable your WI system so that you will get no spray when the set boost is reached , now empty your tank and put in some C16 and tune to your desired higher boost levels , making sure as before everything is set up properly to give good power AND reliability . I am thinking of doing it like this for two reasons , First , I will get a more correct a/f ratio when tuning on (race) gas alone as opposed to gas and water , so I can tune to what ever ratios I want without the guess work , and secondly since its C16 , I should be able to go a bit leaner and advance ignition timing more with out desastrous results .
I think I can SAFELY run pump gas + water along with the "race gas tuning" and be both reliable and powerful , since W.I. "makes regular gas act like race gas " ,right ???.
Now lastly after tuning , empty the tank and refill with pump gas , enable your WI system and tune the W.I. system using EGT's starting off with a lot of water at first , tapering off to the ideal amounts. :idea: :idea:
Old 07-02-2006, 02:11 AM

No comments :?:
Old 19-02-2006, 12:54 AM

I tuned my car with water active to 12:1 afr, since then I fitted an intercooler and the water doesn`t com on as much (mostly not when it`s cold) - but the afr`s are the same.. I`ve come to the conclusion that injecting de-min water only has no effect on wideband sensor readings..

If you`re runing water normally I`d tune it with normal pump gas and water on, I used 20% by volume water/fuel.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:53 PM

I have not added my water yet to my tune but i would not expect to see a change in the afr with water injection.
The water doesnt contribute fuel to the combustion process only the cooling properties of fuel, unless you add methanol or other such fuels. I will be tuning my fd3s very soon. fingers crossed

Scott
Old 23-04-2006, 07:32 AM

Yes , but remember that part to the method of operation or a wide band system is in maintaining the sensor at a specific temperature , I have seen my exhaust drop by p to 300 degrees , wouldn't this have and effect ??
Old 23-04-2006, 11:55 PM

You do have a point there. hmmmmmm
Old 24-04-2006, 06:08 AM

If you are using proper wideband, it has temperature compensation. Motec, Autronic will do the job without any problems.