waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Off-topic

Old 11-05-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Future applications, present oppertunities "outside the

I have been experimenting with different types of water injection since the late 70's, starting with a crude yet effective experiment on my GS Skylark with a 455. First I just wanted to clean the combustion chambers to prevent pre-ignition, or the dreaded death ping. Since then I've come a long way and have been impressed with the power application of this technology. What I am wondering is this, with todays computer monitered-controlled timed port fuel injection systems and the availability of aftermarket computer monitering equipment. is the future application of water injection going to remain iether a port/plenum affair and progress not much further? Or is someone going to step up to the plate and design-build-offer a timed electrical over mechanical direct combustion chamber injection system that will elliminate alot of guess work and allow this technology to progress into the next levels of effeciency for the relativelly antiquated internal combustion engine. I believe there is a tremendous oppertunity here, hopefully not overlooked like soo many other potentials. :idea:
Old 13-05-2004, 04:43 AM

Other than the creative and adaptive individuals in their own garages, it would take a big manufacturer investment to move to tuned port injection. The next environmental phase (emmissions at full load) will likely push the manufacturers back to this technology though. When they are required to stop dumping fuel for knock suppression they will be left with few alternatives at which point there will be a water adapted equivalent to the currently sophisticated fuel systems and the ECU will tie water and fuel flow together.
Old 14-05-2004, 04:10 AM

Default not TPI,thinkECU direct combustion chamber injection,big dif

:idea: There are grants available to persons capable with the right focused drive, motivation,knowhow,determination,tenacit y,networking abbilities ect. necesarry to see something like this through, especially right now given the oil crisis we are all facing! I am just trying to contribute a great idea on to some enterprising individual, not they,after all I fought in the last Gulf War for I don't know what. More later :idea: