waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 27-10-2003, 07:40 PM

Default New here and have a few ?'s

Hello,

I am installing a 1s Aquamist System on my 2000 GTP Supercharged V6. What I need to know is, does the High Speed Valve wires connect to the Hobbs Pressure switch? Does anyone have any pictures of this? Also, I tried to use my Relay and it did not work. Can I run the Red wire directly to the Battery and the Large Green (-) to the (-) Battery? It ran when I did that, but I would need to install a switch so it doesnt run all the time. Any information would be appreaciated.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 27-10-2003, 09:39 PM

I am a bit confused by a couple things:

The 1s does not include a high speed valve.

The 1s does not have a green wire that I am aware of.

What does the dealer say regarding wiring?

On the 1s, the relay should be wired to the plug for the pump. The red wire to + on the battery, the black wire to the - on the battery, the purple wire to a circuit that provides 12v+ when the ignition is in the on position.

The loose thin black wire from the plug goes to the boost pressure switch, the loose thin grey wire from the plug goes to the other terminal on the switch. The boost pressure switch is a normally closed relay that opens on the set boost pressure - it is not polarity sensitive to the black and grey wires. The boost pressure switch will control the pump on/off operation, properly wired it will not run all the time. As long as the grey wire is grounded the pump will not run, when the grey wire does not sense ground the pump will run.

If you have a 2c or 2d the wiring is more complicated.
Old 27-10-2003, 11:41 PM

Ed,

Sorry for the wrong info. I have a 2c system. This is new to me....

Thanks,

Greg
Old 28-10-2003, 12:42 AM

No problem that is what we are here for to spread as good and accurate information as best we can.

You do know the 2c requires a separate injector driver. The pump and pressure switch wires are connected as described above. However you need an ECU or other injector driver to drive the HSV.

I am not sure where the green wire comes in at since the only wires not addressed in my prior post on the 2c are the two for the HSV. The ones I am familar with have a red wire and a brown wire. Yes the red wire needs an 12v+ source that is hot when the car is running. The brown wire should be connected to the driver switching signal to cycle the hsv at the appropriate rates and frequencies based on the inputs to the driver (usually rpm and load).

Just to be clear you don't have the 2d which comes with the fia2 which will drive the hsv by duplicating the IDC of one of your existing fuel injectors?

It sounds as if maybe the seller didn't give you all the instructions needed. Maybe see what they can give you or check the aquamist site since I am still not sure what the "thick" green wire is for unless you have an fia2. I suppose it could be connecting to the brown wire on the hsv in which case you would need to do what is described above.

We will get you there...
Old 28-10-2003, 12:56 AM

Ed.

Where are you located. I live in Ocean City, NJ and work in Cherry Hill but stay in Trenton a lot. The system I got used from a guy with another Grand Prix GTP. He went 13.0 with the WI and now goes 11.4's with a new Blower. Ill get pictures. This is the site that i have been using....illl post about it later

Greg
Old 28-10-2003, 01:09 AM

PM'd you.
Old 28-10-2003, 01:17 AM

Oh also did he include a check valve, if the jet is going after the throttle body which I think it needs to on this application you need a check valve to prevent siphoning under vaccuum.
Old 28-10-2003, 06:15 PM

PM'd Ed!

Greg
Old 28-10-2003, 08:33 PM

OK those were helpful. If you have a harness similar to the pics of the red ones set up then the green wire is connecting to the brown hsv wire at the connector. This wire is the drive wire for the injector and will open and close the hsv based on a pwm. The pwm can be driven by an open channel on a fuel manager or by an fia2 from aquamist that replicates the IDC of one of your fuel injectors. Basically adding an fia2 would make your setup a 2d but you only need it if you don't have another load based injector driver available.

The red car should also probably be using a check valve as he will likely get some siphoning when the TB is closed and the manifold is under vaccuum.

The track pics make me miss my T/A.
Old 29-10-2003, 04:35 PM

Ed,

I found out a little more info. I have a 2C system with an accumulator. I have it all hooked up, the only problem I am having now is hooking up the HSV wires to my fuel injector wires and then the hobbs pressure switch from there. I need to find the diagram I had last night to show you what i have.

Thanks,

Greg