waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 05-11-2004, 10:09 AM

Default aquamist jets

Hi any body knows how many jets you can run the aquamist system I have the 1s system. I will be planning running 2 .8mm jets with 2 one way check valves. With this set up will I be maxing out the pump. I will be mostly it will be use to control detonation. My motor is fully built with low compression pistons its 8.0.1 compression I will be planning running about 12psi. any info will help. :razz:
Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 PM

2* 0.8mm jets effectly equal to one 1.13mm jet, which exceeds the recommendation of Aquamist.

On 1s system, the pressure will drop below 4.5bar, atomization effect suffers. You need a pump with higher flow, or two pumps.

And that's quite a lot of water. If you can introduce the engine to us might help.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:55 PM

Or using a priming pump.

If you get the full flow of two 0.8mm jet with priming pump, you will be injecting between 500-600 cc/min of water, do you really need that much?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:19 AM

Default aquamist jets

I have a nissan hardbody p/u. Its the nissan NAPZ motor 2.4 liter. Its sort got a custom turbo. The turbo and exhaust manifold is form a Nissan BlueBird Its form Japan. The manifold and turbo bolts up to the Nissan block with no modification. My block is bored 40 over its got JE Pistons 8.0.1 compression. Its got custom con rods its from Pauter Machine. The cyl. Head has been ported And polished its also O ringed and also the block its got a SCE copperr head gasket. Ive got ARP main and head studs. My turck has a throttle body injection system. For my Fueling Ive made a custom Fuel Rail Its got 4 MSD 50 lbs hr injectors. Its controlled by an SDS Simple Digital Systems Extra Injector Controler. I have Paxton external fuel pump, I also have a 15 gal fuel cell. I wanted to add water injection cause I don't have an intercooler. Right now Im running 5 psi with the water injection Im planning running maybe 12 psi or more. I dont know how to post pictures on this forum but Ill post a link where you can view my veh. http://members.cardomain.com/pocketchange
Old 06-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I had a good read on your link an got to know the car a bit better.

At 8:1 compression ratio you should be able to run 12psi without any problems - round about 93 octane fuel.

if you have 4x 50 lb injection, you shoudl have enough fuel to get 380-400BHP with a reasonabe a/f ratio of around 12:1.

The addition of WI will safeguard the egine with the boost is up beyond 12 psi to arounf 12-20psi - not sure that your turbo and cam will supoprt that amount of flow. I think a nozzle size of 0.7 running at approximately 280cc/min will be sufficient but 0.9-1mm for summer time.