waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 23-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Acquamist on a Golf IV 1.6 105HP (gasoline)

Hi everybody... I'd like to install the Acquamist system on my ordinary car, in order to save gasoline during my many travels. Could anyone give me some advice?
-Is the system effective and affordable for my purpose? The exhaust system will be damaged?
-What size of injector should I use, and the quantity of water per minute? ...I'm not interested injecting methanol.
-What kind of pump should I install, and so, how much current is supplied to it?

Thank you for your help...
Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I would not expect a great deal of economy gain by adding a water injection system especially for a non-turbo engine. Th eonly way you can get better mileage from the same engine is by increasing the static compression ratio and use water injection to suppress knock.

But, if you are suffering from bad fuel of high ambients, there will be some small benefit. Water inejction can then be used to recover the powwe loss.

Richard
Old 11-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Wink Re: Acquamist on a Golf IV 1.6 105HP (gasoline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I would not expect a great deal of economy gain by adding a water injection system especially for a non-turbo engine. Th eonly way you can get better mileage from the same engine is by increasing the static compression ratio and use water injection to suppress knock.

But, if you are suffering from bad fuel of high ambients, there will be some small benefit. Water inejction can then be used to recover the powwe loss.

Richard
Thank you for your answer ... I'll let you know the results when I install the system