waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Going with the HFS-3

Great pictures, yet again.

If possible, as the harness to the tank, relay and pump is terminated with un-sealed plug and socket. It will be nice if you can put them in a water tight box or rap it up with insulation tape.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM

Are you able to baffle that tank ? I am still new to this but it looks as if you accelerate hard the float would still be covered but the inlet may suck air.
Definately a clean install.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Great pictures, yet again.

If possible, as the harness to the tank, relay and pump is terminated with un-sealed plug and socket. It will be nice if you can put them in a water tight box or rap it up with insulation tape.
Richard, all of the electrical connections are being done under the hood in a dry location.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmargo View Post
Are you able to baffle that tank ? I am still new to this but it looks as if you accelerate hard the float would still be covered but the inlet may suck air.
Definately a clean install.
Thanks for taking a look and commenting!

The tapping is in a narrow sump at the bottom of the tank, so I don't believe there should be any loss-of-prime issues. Also, I'll be topping off the tank once the upper float switch is tripped and the LED warning light activated.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Howerton Engineering

Nice work. It will be interesting to see the improvement in 1/4 mile and your driving impressions.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
Thanks for taking a look and commenting!

The tapping is in a narrow sump at the bottom of the tank, so I don't believe there should be any loss-of-prime issues. Also, I'll be topping off the tank once the upper float switch is tripped and the LED warning light activated.
Sounds good. Its tough to guage size and dimensions with a photo. (at least for me)
Old 23-05-2010, 07:51 PM

This weekend I finished up the under-hood part of the HFS-3 install. This included installing the jet in the TMIC, installing the Fast Acting Valve (FAV), the water lines and the electrical work. All of the wires are now run into the passenger compartment for final hook up next weekend.

These two photos show the jet and hardware installed in the TMIC, on the under side of the outlet to the TB. Since the Perrin has cast aluminum end tanks, the drilling and tapping was very easy with plenty of material to tap. I sleeved the 4mm line with 3/6" fuel hose to protect it - on the second photo you can see it pull down over the barb fitting and secured with a zip tie;

The photo below show the FAV installed on the EBCS bracket;

Looking forward to "going live" next weekend!
Old 23-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Howerton Engineering

If you have any extra 4mm tubing, you can try putting a jet into the top of your water tank and driving the car to get the gauge adjusted, purge the system etc.

Sorry if you've done this already, just hate to see people get to the dyno not having checked everything ahead of time.
Old 23-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
If you have any extra 4mm tubing, you can try putting a jet into the top of your water tank and driving the car to get the gauge adjusted, purge the system etc.

Sorry if you've done this already, just hate to see people get to the dyno not having checked everything ahead of time.

Jeff, I do and I will! I have enough to go out the back of the hood and to hold in place with the wiper. I will install one of the unused jets and observe it's operation while driving and get the controller dialed in as much as possible.
Old 24-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Keep those great pictures coming