waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 26-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Re: HFS3 initial setup query post install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
May be send me a picture of the undwrside of the circuit board and see if thay have configured the system correctly. Different models of direct-injection car has many variations feven from the same manufacturer.

Can you tell me the volatge reading of test pin16 at idle, cruising and WOT. Simple voltage test would be seeing a voltage spike when blipping the throttle.

Ask the shop to contact via email richard@aquamist.co.uk Unfornately I am away this weekend.
Will try get this info for you. Do u mean pic of the underside of the aquamist board where u make the adjustments ?

Test pin 16 at idle... um where would I find this pin ? And how could I measure the voltage on it... VAG Com or a multimetre ?

Thanks again for the help.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

A digital multimeter is perfect.

Here is a diagram for configuring the HFS-3 for various FI/DI engine. YOu can should be configured to B-4 and D-4. Please check the under side of the circuit board that has already been configured.

Old 29-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Going through to Preggie and Praga's work shop tommow @ FRC Racing. Really hoping they find with the autoelectrician something small or an installation issue.

Hopefully will get sorted and I can let you know what it was.

Printer that pic above and too it down to the car and it looked like the board was set up in the same was as it should be.

Will keep you posted.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Just at FRC work shop now and they found that a cable that was running off of the ECU was not connected correctly. have now run it from a different location.

They tried one of the controllers from Prega's car in mine and it did the exact same thing...not work

System started working straight away like it should.

They just neetening it up again and will drive it and let you know how it goes.

Glad the worst is over with
Old 30-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Thank you very much for the update.

It is difficult for me to help without the car in fornt of me. I would nbe grateful If you can ask Prega to take some picture of the with the wires spliced, I can them make a proper diagram to for the future.

Things are looking up.

Richard
Old 30-06-2010, 12:48 PM

Only saw your response just now. Car is going in again next week for the proper gauge to be installed.....The big one with flow meter. Will get them to take the pics then.

In the mean time. Car is running. Had both settings thresh and gain set at the 12 o'clock position. Car idled fine. dash gauge doesn't flash yet .... good.

Currently running 100% water.

Noticed thateven when just cruising at 120km/h or if slowing down and using the gears the water injection is constantly on and flashing(injecting)

Then on the first pull the car has big skips and misses and feels like nothing wants to happen at all like it's flooding something but then once it clears in a sec or 2 it pulls like a train again.

Did try adjusting the threshold and the gain but just seems to be kicking in under no load which is odd.

If I have the light on the dash not flashing and is just solid green then it accelerates fine with no issues and the flashing kicks in and car pulls cleanly with no misses.

Will start doing 50/50 meth water on the weekend but was puzzeled by this current new issue.

Any thoughts ? What am I doing wrong ?

By the way this is the 3rd waterinjection system I have owned and all have been Aqumist and never had these problems before.. Just trying to say I am used to setting these up but this one is testing me a bit
Old 30-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do you have a digital voltmeter?

The basic wiring for the IDC signal appeared to be working as design. As direct injection systems have many variations, we now need to find tune the incoming signal. At present, it appears the IDC signal is a bit on the high side.

There are 30 test pins on the HFS-3. Pin16 confirm what the HFS-3 is seeing. 0-5V = 0-100% DC. If you can tell me what voltage at pin16 we are reading in the following conditions:

Idle ........ ? volt
cruising ....... ? volt
WOT ....... ? volt

Alternatively, you can put the jumper link to "FDC "and read the Fuel duty cycle % from the gauge.
Old 30-06-2010, 06:27 PM

Got given a Voltmetre toay :twisted:

Will try work out how to use it correctly and go find this "pin 16"

Will let you know. Probably will only happen around the weekend.

Will let you know .

Thanks again for the help
Old 03-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have just been in touch with Morne, working on the 2008 BWA and start to make way to understand the Bosch DI system.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I have just been in touch with Morne, working on the 2008 BWA and start to make way to understand the Bosch DI system.
Yup..Spoke to him at lunch time and seems like we are making some headway.

Will hold off sending in my car to get the gauge installed until this has been resolved. Sounds like by the end of the comming week we should be in business.

I think my car is trying to keep me at home trying to watch the world cup.
This morning driving with water injection off. Car had just warmed up. Had an Aston V8 next to me and a Range Rover Supercharged pushing me to go from behind.
It was roughly 12c so nice and cool. Went to manual mode pulled off went to 2nd and then planted it for the first time today midway through 2nd.....and I get quite a bit of wheel spin and a nice sensation of been pushed in the seat as she scrabbles for traction....3rd and start pulling the competition as they now know I am serious.....And then ......pppppsssshhhhhhhh. Stupid new throttle pipe blows off .....grrrrrrrr.

Well the soccer was pretty good

Last edited by playback; 03-07-2010 at 05:58 PM.