waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 28-02-2005, 04:06 AM

Default 2003 Lancer Evolution-Aquamist 2D

Enclosed are pictures of my Aquamist 2D installation on my 2003 Lancer Evolution. I would like to thank Richard for all his advice. I would also like to thank Brad at George?s Imports for his advice and for supplying me with my Aquamist products. I designed my installation to be easily accessible for maintenance and that it blends in with the car as best as possible. I will be running distilled water as my injection solution for now. I want to see how well I could do on our terrible California 91 octane gas.

The Accumulator is mounted up front in the engine compartment.

The Water Pressure Switch is mounted next to the shock tower.

The High Speed Solenoid Valve and Relay are mounted on a bracket next to the firewall.

The DDS2 Flow Sensor is mounted on a bracket next to the power brake booster. It then flows to a check valve mounted next to the water jet in the upper intercooler pipe.

I used the stock windshield wiper solution tank that is located at the rear of the car. I mounted a Float Switch in the tank and used one of the two windshield wiper solution pumps as my primer pump. The Relay, Pulse Extender, and Wiring are all hidden in the back also.

The Primer Pump feeds the Aquamist pump mounted in the spare tire well. With the entire factory trim reinstalled you would never know that there is a Water Injection System in the trunk.

I mounted the pressure switch and the DDS2 Junction Box behind the glove box. I can access the pressure switch easily to adjust the turn on point of the water mixture. I left the center portion open to mount my future fuel computer. With the glove box open or closed, everything is hidden.

I mounted the Fuel Injector Amplifier and the DDS2 Dash Display in the ashtray. When the ashtray lid is closed everything is hidden and looks stock. I also installed a Low Level Indicator Light on the dash.

Old 28-02-2005, 05:03 AM

good ideas!
Old 28-02-2005, 06:07 AM

Thanks. I can't wait to hit the drag strip to see what it will do with the water injection.
Old 28-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

EvoTio,

Thanks for posting the pictues to the forum, very neat installation. It must have taken you a great deal of time to put it all together.

I have noticed one little improvement you can do- the flow sensor is mounted horizontally (cable direction) rather vertically. Thereis a small chance some water may find its way into the sensor and eveentually causing problems. Other than that, everything is perfect.

Depending on your usage, track racing might shorten the life of the priming pump since theyare not continuous rated, it you can put an inline resistor or 1 ohm or so so cut down the current drawn. The resistor should be 25-50W wire wound type and shoudl be bolted down to a materal surface for heat dissipation. Alternatively, use two pumps in series.
Old 28-02-2005, 09:04 PM

I did make sure the area that I mounted the Flow Sensor was not prone to get any water. But like that saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll make up a bracket this weekend to reposition the Flow Sensor so that the cable connection is facing down. I'll also see about that inline resistor. It's kind of funny to hear the relay clicking on and off when the primer pump is running.
Old 13-03-2005, 04:55 AM

I thought I would update this thread with some more pictures. I went back and remounted the brass jet adapter. The water jet fits nicely into the adapter. I have been experimenting with different jet sizes and it seems that a 6mm jet is about perfect. The car just flies on 21 PSI of boost. I also remounted the DDS2 Flow Sensor so that the connection cable faces down per Richards recommendation.

The adapter protrudes just a little, but the water jet fits flush inside the intercooler tube.

Old 27-05-2005, 07:20 AM

yep
Old 23-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Update: Pre-Compressor Injection Added To My Aquamist 2D

I've been intrigued by the pre-compressor concept for several years now was able to finish my installation a couple of weeks ago.

I mounted the axial nozzle mount inside the the hard rubber MAF tube that attach?s to the turbo. I had to position it and trial fit it several times to get it right. That was the most time consuming part of the project. I'll be using a .3mm nozzle and it's positioned about 30mm from the center of the turbine shaft.

I secured the axial mount with a hose clamp on the outside of the MAF tube. The mount is in there very tight.

I modified the factory plastic vacuum line holder to accept the 4mm water tube and I attached a check valve to try and keep the water mixture closer to the nozzle.

The rest of the install just involved teeing off the water line from the flow sensor and the upper intercooler tube nozzle.

I took the car for a drive and it feels much stronger and more linear all the way to red line. I won't know how it really performs until I take it to the drag strip for some testing. The butt dyno can be deceiving at times. The only thing that will be a pain will be changing the pre-injection nozzle if I want to fine tune this set up.
Old 23-04-2007, 03:53 PM

Very nice clean install!

I was wondering how you made that axial nozzle mount. How did you cut it so perfectly?

I made a <rough> axial nozzle mount by painstakingly dremeling out a piece of aluminum. It's not nearly as aerodynamic as yours is.

Richard, any chance the Aquamist mounts will be on the market soon?

-Craig
Old 23-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmtuned
Very nice clean install!

I was wondering how you made that axial nozzle mount. How did you cut it so perfectly?

I made a <rough> axial nozzle mount by painstakingly dremeling out a piece of aluminum. It's not nearly as aerodynamic as yours is.

Richard, any chance the Aquamist mounts will be on the market soon?

-Craig
Thanks. Actually, I can't take credit for the mount. Richard supplied me with one for some pre-compressor injection experimentation on my Evo.