waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2010, 06:15 PM

Default Three point injection on a 1.9 diesel

Richard Assures me this will work, so I'm just cutting and pasting with my fingers crossed

This as you can see is my injection point, just prior to the inlet manifold. Further away would be preferable but due to ease of access and an existing easily replaced pipe setup, I chose to do it there.

I'm injecting with two 0.7mm nozzles and one 0.5mm Nozzle at present. The Pump is a 125PSI 2ltr/min with no stop valves because I have a solenoid.

In addition, there are three 0.3MM 3 scroll nozzles spraying onto the intercooler with two stop valves to reduce pressure to them by 30psi.

Injection is controlled by an MF2 based on rpm and pressure. Injection begins at around 11.5 psi (.8 kg/cm2) and max pressure (unless I get an overboost spike of upto 30psi (2.1 kg/cm2) :-O ) is 24psi (1.7kg/cm2).

By my reconing, That means a max flow rate of 0.866-0.928 ltr/min for manifold pressures of 10-25psi. With an additional 0.174 ltr/min onto the intercooler.

This would give me only 9 minutes continuous use and is why I have a microswitch on the accelerator. I intend to goto Santa Pod at some point this year and try noto blow my car up this time (I've been many times and that only happened once to be fair). I think I shall have it on constantly there and take alot of Methanol with me