waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 27-03-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Turbo Marauder 4.6l IC

Hello there!

I am obviously new to the site as this is my first post. I have been trying to search and read a lot, but I need a little help now.

I am installing a single t64e on my 4.6l 32v Marauder. The tune will be limited to about 7 to 9 psi to keep the HP under 460 at the wheels. I am not looking to make more power than that, but I would like to make it more efficiently and safer. I live in South Florida and I want to be able to still make decent power when it is hot (which is most of the time ) and protect against bad gas. From what I have read, I want to use water and inject before the turbo and after the intercooler.

Am I on the right track?

Does anyone have any experience or can point me somewhere that has tuned a late model ford product with water injection?

Which systems would be best? Something easily tuneable (managed by boost or MAF) and very reliable/safe (IE warning lights) would be great.

Thanks!!!
Old 27-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You have a police car? :lol:

Yesn you may not need a great deal of water as you are nor running the car to extreme. A basic system1s system set to trigger near max tiorque region will work well. Injecting water before the turbo is good but only if you are prepared to change the cpmpressor wheel once very few years, I think they are USD40-60 dollars each unless they are specials.

I think you need to google a link to a turbo Ford.

Richard

PS is the turbo conversion intercooled?
Old 28-03-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L

Not a police car, but the "crown vic effect" does come in handy on the turnpike. The FHP has a dozen or so I think.

Yes, it has an air to air.

The 1s can be set up for two nozzles?

When I can find a donor motor to build, I should be able to put another 100+ ponies to the wheels :twisted:
Old 16-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L

Not a police car, but the "crown vic effect" does come in handy on the turnpike. The FHP has a dozen or so I think.

Yes, it has an air to air.

The 1s can be set up for two nozzles?

When I can find a donor motor to build, I should be able to put another 100+ ponies to the wheels :twisted:

Sorry for the long delay. Two 0.6mm is posbible with the aquamist pump.
Old 19-04-2006, 07:42 PM

I expect to run 6-10psi of boost on my 4.6l. The turbo is intercooled. The settings on your pressure switch are a low of 3 psi. Does that give me sufficient protection and time for my spray?

With that low level of boost (10 psi max) would it be worth even spraying pre turbo?
Or spray just preturbo?
What sixe nozzles? 4.6 l, t64e, 60lb injectors.

Summers down here run 90-95 f on average and it cools off from December to February.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do you get occasional knock in summer or in winter time?

The amount of water needed is sole depending on how close to you away from knock. So more information from you may help me to determine how much water you need,.

If you are using water as a safety purpose and not tuning your car to maximum boost or timing. If you are using 60 lb injectors or 4800cc per min, are you flow all those fuel at 100% duty cycle during boost? I can see those flow will support 800BHP+ easily.

If you do inject all those fuel at 10psi, you won't need water injection. There are plenty of fuel there to cool your engine.
Old 21-04-2006, 02:18 PM

Thanks Richard!
I do not suffer from knock at all right now. I will not be flowing the 60's anywhere near 100 %. I will be sticking to about 430-450 rwhp for the street and maybe 480-500 for a track tune.
My concern is that it is frigging hot down here (90f +) for 9 months out of the year.
I do not want to lose performance to the heat.
I do not want any chance of a knock.
I do not want to lose the motor cause I got a crap tank of gas.

In the future I may want to go for some big numbers.

A few bucks for an injection system would be cheap insurance for my motor if it is practical. I would prefer something that kicked in at 1 psi if possible.
Old 21-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I think a system1s will do nicely for your applicartion. I think set it to start between 3-4 psi will be fine. Please ask for a bigger jet when you decided to order one, a 0.7 or 0.8mm will be a good insurance.

Richard