waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 07-02-2017, 09:09 AM

Default HFS-6 no flow on gauge

Hello All,

Total aquamist rookie here, so the HFS-6 was installed by a professional speed shop a few years ago, and was working great. However the car usually just sits between track events and isnt driven much.

About a year or so ago I noticed that the gauge showed little to no flow, high boost would sometimes show 1 bar on the aquamist gauge, but it would immediately go back down to nothing. After that, the tank was upgraded, jets cleaned, and system was primed and everything was working again as it should.

Then recently again I noticed the same exact things, where the gauge would show little to no flow.

Thinking it was the same thing, I went and cleaned the jets and primed the system for a few seconds by putting the jumper from PRK to TST, just like last time. With the jet disconnected from the bung I can verify that there is indeed water coming out of the jet, and the gauge shows about 2 bars of flow, and the i can hear the pump running.

However when I go and drive the car, the gauge is still showing zero flow. Does anyone have any insight on what this can be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 07-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 no flow on gauge

We need to establish the cause of low flow:

1. Clogged system - fliters, FAC and jets
2. A sluggish turbine in side the flow sensor

Can you connect up a new jet (spare) and run it for 1 minute so we can see where the issue lies. If the delivery is good, we can then look more closely at the sensor end.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:39 PM

Thank you for the reply, I wont be able to dive into this until the weekend, but I will definitely take a look.

when you say "FAC" is that the flow control module? and is the flow sensor inside the flow control module?

(I wasnt kidding when I said I was a aquamist rookie)
Old 08-02-2017, 01:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Sorry, I meant the FCM (flow control module)
Old 10-02-2017, 08:36 AM

in the event that the FCM is clogged, what is the best way to clear it? and I also read some blow into the FCM to determine if its bad or not.

But im unsure how to tell if its bad or not. Does blowing through he FCM mean its bad or does being able to blow through the FCM mean is working?

Just trying to get as much info I can before this weekend.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do not blow compress air into the FCM, it will melt the flow sensor turbine bearings. If the clogged is caused by lime scale, run some diluted lime scale remover past it a few times.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:01 AM

So I dove into trying to fix this problem today. I placed the jumper to TST as well as put in a freshly cleaned jet, then I let it run for 30 seconds and the gauged showed full bars, where as before it showed only 2 bars.

"Great its fixed" I thought, so I put everything back together and went for a test drive, and then nothing. After a fair bit of cursing, I took everything back apart again, put the jumper back to TST and turned the system on...... this time NOTHING AT ALL, no flow on gauge, the pump didnt turn on, nada.

Now i was livid, it turned on before, now nothing. "It must be the pump" I thought, So I went to the tank took that thing apart to gain access to the pump, and tested the pump directly, and it turned on............

So i went to the gauge and started messing with the settings, turning the the dials back and forth to see if I can get something to turn on. Nothing I did worked. Now I turned from incredibly angry to wanting to just quitting and bringing it in to a shop.

So I started putting things back away, and the jumper was still on TST, as I was putting everything back in, I heard the pump turn on, "SWEET!!!!!!"I proceeded to take everything back apart so I can place the jumper back to PRK and then the pump turned off.

With the control box in my hand and noticed that if I would hold it at a certain angle that the pump with turn on, but if I held it at a different angle it would turn off. After a bunch of trial and error I finally traced it to the red colored plug. I ended up securing the control box at an angle where the wires would make contact and went for a test drive. And SUCCESS now everything is working as expected. I will need to get a new replacement but im glad I was able to figure it out.

TL/DR: Red "Engine Bay" cable (or FCM cable) has a break in one of the wires preventing the pump/FCM to turn on when its suppose to.

Well ideally this helps someone in a similar situation, but i think my problem maybe a one off.

Last edited by BimmerBoy; 12-02-2017 at 03:55 AM. Reason: clairification
Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Well done.

I am sorry I was no help on this.