waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 31-10-2022, 09:23 PM

Default Nozzle Placement

Evening all !!

The original Aquamist system on my car had the nozzle placement just after the intercooler (as advised at time of fitting was told), and we stayed with that position when upgraded to the HFS4 many years back.

Just wondering the benefits or negatives of this compared to most other systems which have the nozzle just before the MAP sensor?

TIA
Old 23-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Nozzle Placement

Where is the MAP sensor
Old 04-12-2022, 02:36 AM

2/3 of the way to the throttle body after the exit from intercooler is the MAP sensor location. Current nozzle location is just after the intercooler exit.

Thinking moving the nozzle location to around 12 inches from the MAP sensor give or take, it's probably around 22 inches at the moment, thought of moving is basically due for ease of maintenance, have the 806-357N part here to weld onto the alloy boost pipe.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:00 PM
Administrator

If you are only using a single jet, keep it in its current location. The water meth will have more time to mix with the air for more even cylinder distribution. In addition, what I have found over the years is that using an extended jet, either a +5mm or +10mm, depending on the application, promotes better mixing of the WMI and the boosted air. I suspect that this is because the extended jets put the tip of the jet directly in the patch of the air.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:39 PM

back to the drawing board then to try figure out easier access to the existing single jet then, have recently changed the set up to run it off MAP only as that's how my tuner prefers to tune WMI in with our cars, but with winter now well and truly having arrived here in Scotland, might be a while before its all set up properly.
Old 15-12-2022, 12:14 PM

Actually Orlando, while got your attention on this post, could you advise on this...

If i was to run the jumper link to disable the failsafe on the control board, would that allow settings like THRES, GAIN, to be changed dependant on driving planned without then having to reconfigure the failsafe every time? Understand the "B" LED would always be lit then. Would i need to have the SC set every time i say changed the THRES ?

Would run it like this in the winter months where its currently -6c at 11am in the morning here, then once the better weather comes round, would have the failsafe set back up properly etc.

Hope you can advise?
Old 18-12-2022, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Hi Andy<

You will only need to reconfigure the failsafe when you decide to re-enable them. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Old 19-12-2022, 06:51 PM

thanks Orlando, gives me options how to run thru the winter here, might leave as is but good to confirm there is the option there.