waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 25-01-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Air cooled VW's

I love my bug and my bus both very much but my bus gets too hot and roasts its oil and ocasionaly burns a hole in a piston.

So I build my bus and engine with lower compression, I lose some torque but even worse I lose almost 2 MPG on the other hand my new bug engine runs great at 11to one compression and gives me over 30mpg with a carbonated engine and a 85MPH+ type of lead foot.

so I ask myself if I build my bus a high compression motor and water inject it will the water carry enough heat off the heads pistons etc to keep temperatures reasonable; and can build a system that doesn't lose the charm of having and engine that I can remove roadside and rebuild inside the van.

I have a rough vision of a system that uses exhaust back pressure and a sealed water tank to provide pressure for atomization with nozzles tapped into the intakes right below the carbs. the goal is is heat reduction on long hill climbs mostly, after all when I want to go fast I drive the bug.

I welcome your comments advice and ridicule
Old 20-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Most atomisation nozzle requires at least 30psi of pressure. But if you inject pre-carburettor with a pipe with pin hole. it might be OK.