waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 21-09-2011, 01:23 AM

Default 997TT issues?

Ok had a few problems with the kit but have gotten most of them resolved. Right now I am using the biggest restrictor that came with the kit, I have 2 nozzles ran into my Y-pipe. When I go to test it, I only see 1 bar on the gauge in first gear and no bars in any other gear. I have pulled both nozzles to check for clogs, and found none. Then I went a step further and pulled out the brass restrictor thing in the jet itself. With the brass fitting out of the jet, the gauge see's full bars and I can adjust it up in down with the SC knob on the gauge. The problem is now it will spray threw 1 whole gear but when I shift into the next gear it kills the kit. When I let off and roll into the throttle again the gauge bars go up again. I also think since I took the object out of the nozzle it may have sprayed to much because my plugs have possibly fouled out. The fail safe has been turned on and off via DIP switches to see if that was an issue with the car to feel slow at WOT. The tune we run in the car is still able to run without meth so it is not just the car pulling timing or throwing extra fuel. I had the gauge were the bars light up all the way to the middle so I don?t think it was spraying to much. What should I do to get the kit to keep spraying when I get to the next gear and how will I know if I am spraying to much?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 21-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: 997TT issues?

If you are using two injectors, there is often no need to use a restrictor. Alternatively you can reduce the flow via the H3's gain trimmer.

Until you have ironed out the strange IDC reading from the HFS-3, it is best to leave the above for the time being.

I suggest linking the FDC jumper and watecg the gauge displying the F-IDC. Only after we have established the system is reading the iDC correctly, we should not go any further. One thing at a time.

There are many 997/6 installs over the years, this one is not normal. Please tell me the result of the FDC link. I assume the system is set to IDC% triggered rather MPS.
Old 21-09-2011, 04:22 PM

Just went out to the car and let it idli and went to the control box, I jumped the test FDC while back there I noticed the F-IDC light was blinking green. When I jumped the FDC my gauge said nothing, but the F-IDC was still blinking. Not sure if you want me to test it WOT or just Idling. Also not sure what " watecg " is?
Thanks,
Matt
Also the system is set to IDC% triggered.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

At idle, the gauge will not show much as the FIDC because it is very low. Take the car out and try against. (watch the road also! )

Each segment represents 10% FIDC
Old 26-09-2011, 11:52 PM

Just got back in town, and took the car out made a few pulls with the jumper on IDC. First gear the gauge pegs all the bars but falls down 1 bar near redline. Secound gear the gauge holds 7 bars threw the gear. Third gear the gauge holds 6 bars threw the gear. Fourth gear the gauge holds 5 bars threw the gear. Dont know if thats good or bad?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 28-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Is the jumper link still on FDC?
Old 28-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Found out a few problems the shop wired the kit wrong. Going over it again today and will get back to you when I figure this mess out.
Sorry,
Matt
Old 28-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

No hurry. I wait for your next update.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Still messing with it, almost have no hair to pull out . I have read the manual over and over, rewired and rewired. I have a question what cause the "water level" light on the gauge to light up green not yellow?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I like top go back to basics... I am very sorry to about your hair loss. Where is pearland?

Can you check harness follow the following colour order.