waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 28-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Default location and setting for subaru

hi !
i'm french and i've a subaru impreza fitted with 550cc injectors (IDC 85%) at 1.3b boost and 10.8/11 AFR
i'll fit a 2d system but, i've many question..and i don't find the answers easily...so if you could help me it would be very great :wink:
i think put a 0.6mm nozzle, is it good for 10/15% ?
what's the best location for the jet, before intercooler (on the Y just after the turbo by example) or immediatly after the i/c, befre the throttle body ? someone say me that's the best location is where the airflow is the hotter (so before the i/c), what do you think about that ?
i don't understand exactly the work of the "MANIFOLD (WITH 2-10 BAR ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE SWITCH) ", is it use for set the pressure of the injection, or only at idle and when there's no water to avoid pump damage ? if i can set the pressure, the water flow is very different between each nozzle depending this pressure...so is there a table exist to choose the good nozzle according the pressure ?

i thank you to help me..and excuse me for the english very bad.... :sad:
Old 28-03-2005, 11:47 PM

Default settings

The 0.6 mm or a 0.7 mm nozzle is about right for the Subaru.
Most folks are running between 4 and 7 gallon per hour spray rates which is about equal to 240 - 450 cc/min.

Normal install location on the WRX is in the short hose between the intercooler and the throttle body. You might pickup one of the Charged Performance hoses that has the jet holders molded in. A few people have drilled the end tank of the top mount intercooler on the throttle body side and mounted jets there.

Most folks I know are turning on the spray around 10 psi boost.

Larry
Old 30-03-2005, 05:05 AM

I have the 2d come on at 5psi. For my driving style, it works good I use the aquamist 1.0mm nozzle. With the stock intercooler, I actually drilled and tapped the intercooler just before the outlet to the throttle body. Made 292 whp on a mustang dyno on 92 octane pump gas. Seems to work very well. Now with a FMIC I dyno'ed 329whp still with pump gas. I have been very happy with my results
Old 30-03-2005, 12:54 PM

what are your mods kcwrx ?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:04 PM

At the moment i run 0.7mm jet turning on at 10psi and i have placed the jet into the intercooler end tank in front of the throttle body.The only reason i didnt install a jet after the turbo but before the interooler is that i was worried about the pooling of water in the pre-intercooler end tank.. I still think pre-turbo is the best place for the jet but thats has dramas associated with it for now...
Old 24-06-2005, 01:31 PM

I've just installed a kit to my Subaru Legacy and pending a few tweaks will be able to say how this goes.

It's not an aquamist kit but a cheaper one from Ebay that is running an Aquamist injector nozzle.
I have tapped the top of the actual manifold itself on the subaru instead of installing it in the outlet of the charge cooler because there isn?t enough room to fit it direct in the cooler below the bonnet.

Does anyone have a link to a place selling intercooler to throttle body hoses that you can install the injector in directly?
I tried to test the kit last night but unfortunately due to the cheaper quality of my kit the hoses are not so secure and one blew off resulting in the pump emptying the washer reservoir over the top of the engine in a matter of a few seconds! I?ll get it more secured then will report on the progress, although I suspect the cheap pressure switch I have may also be a bit dodgy. It?s true to say you get what you pay for but on a tight budget I don?t have much choice at the moment!
Old 13-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Default Re: settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
The 0.6 mm or a 0.7 mm nozzle is about right for the Subaru.
Most folks are running between 4 and 7 gallon per hour spray rates which is about equal to 240 - 450 cc/min.

Normal install location on the WRX is in the short hose between the intercooler and the throttle body. You might pickup one of the Charged Performance hoses that has the jet holders molded in. A few people have drilled the end tank of the top mount intercooler on the throttle body side and mounted jets there.

Most folks I know are turning on the spray around 10 psi boost.

Larry
Hi,

I'm busy planning this install for myself, i read above that you can get the hose with molded spot for the aqua mist nozzle, anyone know of a brand or something to search on??