waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 11-05-2004, 03:05 AM

Default about water injection on a toyota!!!!yeah toyota

k new to this site so hey
any hows my question to all is
I have a toyota 2L,i have put on a turbo from a mazda 626,its max boost is 13 psi.i am not running a intecooler at the moment,but its on the works,so this being said yes problems with egt ,rising to fast,ive lowerd the fuel pump fuel feed,to were its not worth having a turbo,the size of exhaust running is 2.25
now from what ive read about water injection on a diesel.
does any one think this is possible to do to this motor,seeing it is an old school diesel.not controled by electronics and so forth.
im not sure what the fuel milage is at the moment.but after i have put the turbo set up ,power did increase like crazy till i had to turn down the pump to control the egt.
im told a intercooler will help with this big time and i can once again increase my fuel and experiance the power of a turbo.

so as well im wondering about the water injection and how to go abouts doing this.what is all needed to know and how to go abouts doing all this?
thanks
Old 11-05-2004, 03:51 AM

Sometimes the simple straight forward solutions are the best. Not having a lot of experience with diesel water injection usage - my first recommendation is to try an air-to-air intercooler to see if that brings you to a stable level. You may be satisfied with this alone, but if you want to then optimize with water injection then you can look further into it.

I say this because I try not to recommend to others running setups that just won't work well or at all without the water injection. I prefer water injection to be used for optimization rather than pure ability to run properly.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am new to this section, but wil try to answer your particular set up. In order to gain power with lease stress to your engine, you need to first intriduce water close to the outlet of the turbo flange, you will lower the intake temperature by at leat 30-50C by using a two 1mm nozzle. 10% methanol will reduce the temperature further.

We need to use a shurflo pump as the aquamist pump will not have enough flow for your application - if you want to go "all-out" power.