waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 05-06-2018, 11:49 AM

Default Nozzle selection for MPS3

Edit - wrong forum subsection

Last edited by ozynigma; 08-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Nozzle selection for MPS3

I think you need HFS4 for DISI engine.

But I think some of the later generation HFS3 can handle direct injection engine.

I'd stay away from TB location. Is hard to get equal distribution across all 4 cylinders especially when injecting large amount of wmi.

But anyhow, I would rather do a 60 second SYS test spray into container to get the actual cc/min. Once you add in pressure loss and maybe add a couple of check valves, those figures on the chart table will no longer match the actual.

That being said, maybe go for 687cc/min for a wee bit more head room.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Edit - wrong forum subsection

Last edited by ozynigma; 08-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
I think you need HFS4 for DISI engine.

But I think some of the later generation HFS3 can handle direct injection engine.

I'd stay away from TB location. Is hard to get equal distribution across all 4 cylinders especially when injecting large amount of wmi.

But anyhow, I would rather do a 60 second SYS test spray into container to get the actual cc/min. Once you add in pressure loss and maybe add a couple of check valves, those figures on the chart table will no longer match the actual.

That being said, maybe go for 687cc/min for a wee bit more head room.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I got the details wrong in my now deleted original post.

I have an HFS4 V3 for the DI motor. I will go a minimum of 600cc/min for 1.5x400hp.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 AM

I think I saw your CX-7 on CX7modders facebook page. At least from your description of your CX-7 suggested it. Are you in Brisbane?

But anyhow the guideline of 1.5 x engine horsepower is a pretty good starting point.

I recently completed HFS4v3.1 install and setup for my VW Golf MK6 1.4TSI, and ended up with 1.5 x engine horsepower of total wmi flow. Which nets about 340cc/min. No drama at all and even managed to get to target boost level set by REVO by injecting 50cc/min pre-compressors (just to have super cold air intake effect).

And some interesting note; I can only inject 100cc/min when using 'lesser' wmi kit or else the engine will get choke with too much wmi too soon.

Let us know how you go because I am quite familiar with the 2.3 DISI engine as I have a modded CX-7 also.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
I think I saw your CX-7 on CX7modders facebook page. At least from your description of your CX-7 suggested it. Are you in Brisbane?

But anyhow the guideline of 1.5 x engine horsepower is a pretty good starting point.

I recently completed HFS4v3.1 install and setup for my VW Golf MK6 1.4TSI, and ended up with 1.5 x engine horsepower of total wmi flow. Which nets about 340cc/min. No drama at all and even managed to get to target boost level set by REVO by injecting 50cc/min pre-compressors (just to have super cold air intake effect).

And some interesting note; I can only inject 100cc/min when using 'lesser' wmi kit or else the engine will get choke with too much wmi too soon.

Let us know how you go because I am quite familiar with the 2.3 DISI engine as I have a modded CX-7 also.
Argh my cover is blown.

Yep from Brisbane. I need to update CX7 Modderz, my CX7 is back to stock turbo but getting tuned with DP, HPFP and Cooling Mist WMI (going back on). The Aquamist is going on my MPS3 project which is my old CX7 motor rebuilt with LA Sleeves and its forged internals.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:10 PM

Ahahah.

Well I am hardly active on the CX7modderz FB myself.

But I remember your CX-7 as it is the only one that has big turbo.