waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 11-10-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Infiniti G35 WI Setup...

Hello Guys

I have been reading up on WI for the last few days, and can't wait to try this.

I have a couple of questions and am seeking guidance.

I may or may not have a programmabel ECU (like Emanage Ultimate)..most likely the former.

Here are my requirements:

1) Injector PW-driven setup...to maintain a constant F/W ratio. My car (same as the 350z/Fairlady Z/Z33 engine) uses "negative dwell" setup. Is it possible to just use the system 2c and have a 2D map, essentially, that will just drive the Aquamist setup based on tapping of the injector line as a signal? Is the Aquamist seystem hihg impedence enough not to 'drain' the stock injector signal that is driving the fuel injector? My understanding is that id a PW-driven system is used, it is sufficient to maintain a constant F/W ratio that I wll need...or do I need to have a 3D map to reference boost AND injector PW for true constant ratios? Or is the boost/PW 3D map required onyl if I want to cange the ratoio of F/W for different boost settings?

2) I'd like to experiment with WI that is on constantly, even when the manifold is under vacuum that is... jsut to see if fuel conservation would be possible (this is by no means a must).

Any suggestions? Richard?

Thanks very much in advance... much appreciate.

Gurgen
Old 16-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

1) It is possible to tap off one of the injector channel to power the WI valve (HSV). There is however a small problem of the accuracy of original pulse affected by loading and decrease of inductance on a parallel connected coil. It means one of the injector will inject a slightly different quanity from the others.

So we develop the 2d system that only draws about 1mA to the injector circuit. You can just buy the FIA2 amplifier and HSV if you have other pump organized - you will loose the fault diagnostic function. It mirrors fuel injetcor's duty cycle.

2) We have had people leaving the WI constantly on by mistake and was surprised that it doesn't use that much more water.

Richard