waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 15-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Richard L

Default can water injection effectively replace over-rich a/f ratio

Has anyone tune their water injected engine with full control of air/fuel ratio with good or bad effects?

Especially injection water into a a/f ratio of 10.5 :1 or richer.

Richard L
Old 30-10-2003, 02:11 AM

I have run WI at an AFR of 10.8:1, basically at a rate of %14 to fuel flow. Operation was fine @ power level of 472 rwhp.

I use a very strong CDI ingintion set up which I found mandatory when using WI at this AFR.

I have used AFR's of around 13.7:1 !!! with 20psi boost pressure on normal 98 octane (RON rating) again with WI at a simlar flow rate percentage to fuel flow.

All good results
Old 25-11-2003, 01:31 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello Rice Racing,

Thanks for your information - I have been looking for someone like yourself to cheer me up a bit, all the yeasrs I have been pushing for 'Leaner and Meaner' tuning instead of fuel dumping has at last got a first hand information.

I recently attended a "green racing" conference organised by the UK's government run MIA (Motorsport Industry Association) and learn't that one of the speaker was Audi's chief engineer on GT racing and their FSI engined Audi managed to win the Le Mans 24-hours (1st, 2nd and forth) running on afr between 13.6-15.2 !!!

The secret was the combustion chamber uses a tumbling effect to gain good homgeneous a/f mixture.

I think the modern engines can go some way towards it with the help with the turbulant action of water droplet evaoprating when in contact with the frame front. You are not too far away!