Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 28-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Here is a summery:

All on pump fuel (Texico 98 -Ron)
NO WI: 610whp
PRE-TURBO: 613WHP (not optimised)
POST-TURBO: 619WHP (not optimised)
PRE+POS+METHANOL: 643WHP (roughly optimised -time constraint)

Next test - bigger pre-turbo jets.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The Skyline has won the most prestigious award yesterday at Santa Pod Raceway yesterday.

The Japshow trophy brought all the top Japanese Car tuners in UK to compete in this year's final run. Intense qualifying rounds and elimination has caused a few fatalities. Brief list of line-up includes the famous Norris's awesome Evo, Alaskan's "Roger Clark tuned" Subaru, Supras and Skylines.

The final honour went to Gary Passingham's skyline who made impecable progress durng the day. His quarter-mile time recorded on the day was 10.7s, 10.5s, 10.22s, 10.078s and finally beating Roger Clark's Nitrous equipped Scooby by 1/400th of a second, clocked at 10.20s.

Here is a couple of pictures to celabrate his momentous win against all the top Japcar tuners in UK.

We will continue to help devloping this car on the water injection front. Just to confirm the a/f ratio we were running was 12:1afr/33 deg. advance.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 AM

Congrats to all the effort and hard work of those involved
Old 11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojack
Congrats to all the effort and hard work of those involved
These people worked all day Saturaday, 7am till 8pm preparing their customer's car that entered the same race on the non-pro class. They continued on their own car until well past 11 pm (including refitting the gearbox and re-tune the car on race gas. We managed to get 765whp and had to stop - knowing there will be 800-900whp equipped cars at the race.

After four hours of sleep (they all live 40 minutes drive away from home), they were back at the workshop at 5.30am and loaded the car onto a trailer and set off to Santapod raceway- 3 hours drive. Only to find out the road to the venue has an one mile long tail-back and took nearly over another hour before entering the gound. One of the them has to drive another skyline to the raceway on their customer requested - imagine dring a car with a straight cut dog box for four hours! I am soy please for them that tou came home with a well deserved trophy.

I was lucky, only ten minutes from home, so I got a good five hours sleep. One other good news, their non-pro class customer has also fullfilled his dream on hitting 10s (10.99s) on his well-under powered skyine :razz: :razz: :razz:

Three 10 second skylines made the show and drove home without any breakage on the day.

Richard
(video on the way)

More about these heros here:
http://www.gtart.co.uk/
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/sh...ad.php?t=43701
Old 11-10-2005, 01:25 AM

"Three 10 second skylines made the show and drove home without any breakage on the day."

Even more impressive. Must be nice working with some good mechs and racers. I like the bleeding edge and winning just like everybody else...but I also like not breaking things and can understand how much money and effort it takes to try and prevent that. I know these guys must be exhausted....but it seems like theres been a really nice pay off for that work.

Again, very nice, I salute you guys.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:35 AM

What is the injection mixture?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojack
"Three 10 second skylines made the show and drove home without any breakage on the day."

Even more impressive. Must be nice working with some good mechs and racers. I like the bleeding edge and winning just like everybody else...but I also like not breaking things and can understand how much money and effort it takes to try and prevent that. I know these guys must be exhausted....but it seems like theres been a really nice pay off for that work.

Again, very nice, I salute you guys.
Correction, one came with a trailer so it have to go back on a trailer, but could drive home if the trailer broke.

Those guy arrived back home at 11pm, got a bit lost on the return journey but back at work at dawn - I didn't think the adrenalin level has quite subsided.

Richard
Old 11-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotH2O
What is the injection mixture?
It was more or less M50/W50. We tried 100% methanol, it was almost impossible to trim the a/f ratio due to too many fuel trim correction factors - we basically ran out of time the night before.

We looked back the dyno plot back in April and the same race fuel only managed 704whp. The car was hovering around mid 10s then. It could have easily gone into the 9s yesterday if the driver was not under pressure in the race condition against another car.

I have made a mistake on the heading of claiming 790whp - will correct very soon. Here is the latest power figures we achieved with about 10-15% of water/methanol.

Pump fuel (98 ron) only .... 610whp
Pump fuel (98 ron) + ~WAI ... 643whp
Race fuel (106) only... 704whp
Race fuel (106) + ~WAI ... 760whp
EGT was kept between 880-890 degC

Will be increasing the w/a/f percentage continue to extract more power in the coming months - race season is now over. We will continue around 50/50 but push up the ratio against fuel. I would like to see the w/f ratio going up to 40%.

Richard
Old 16-10-2005, 08:47 AM

I saw that car at the Pod, so it was the one used for the precomp nozzle prototypes, eh? :smile:

As for the W/A/F ratio, I've got a SAE paper claiming increasing gains at an excess of 100% :wink:

(might be useful for fire-engines rushing to the scene of a fire, lol....)

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 16-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
I saw that car at the Pod, so it was the one used for the precomp nozzle prototypes, eh? :smile:

As for the W/A/F ratio, I've got a SAE paper claiming increasing gains at an excess of 100% :wink:

(might be useful for fire-engines rushing to the scene of a fire, lol....)
That was the car that has been featured here - with pre-compressor, port injection, methanol, water, nitro etc. All helps.

According to SAE, we should be able to reach 1500 at the wheels :razz:

The turbos were only rated at 380hp each (at the crank), I think the WI has extended its output beyond 760hp since it made that at the wheels.

I will scan the the "night before" power graph and post it here.