waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 21-03-2010, 06:42 AM

Default HFS3 problem

hello,

i figure i might put it up here incase either jeff or richard see it. anyway after my initial wrong restrictor issue the car was runing very nicely. went for a drive today one word awesome..... except half way there have a problem.

the failsafe light came on. if i turn off the guage its still on. if i turn on from the guage the light is on but nothing else is on.

i have unplugged all connectors to the hfs3 and replugged, power cycled, even checked the fuses on both the hfs3 as well as the pump. check the wiring. but all seems ok. but the unit does not work.

i unplugged the pipe from fav and did a test with the injector jumper and the sys jumper connected the 3 ligts on the board (hfs3) come up but there is no noise from the pump. also put the jumper of inj on the board and nothing there as well. the fuel injector light flashes on the hfs3 but its not working.

i am next going to try and check the power on the pump... and hopefully borrrow another guage and control board to see if it fixes it... but any thoughts to help me along??
Old 21-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Re: HFS3 problem

slight update. had a look at the relay and the pump wiring. with ignition on:

the blue and red wires going into the relay are both +12.xxV the thick red wire from battery is +12.xxV and the wire going to pump is 0V.

looking at the manual i thought the blue is -ve and should be 0V when i check with multimeter with other wire on ground.
Old 21-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Only the water level sensor will have this effect on disabling the system. Unplug the water level sensor and let me know if the system reboots.

Under normal sloshingm the water level sensor will not interrupt the system from injecting. If condition persists for a timed period or the level probe is parled on the empty position for more than 20~ seconds, the system will turn off.

If unplugging the level sensor does not cure the problem. Check if the wiring "yellow/black" is shorted to the chassis.
Old 21-03-2010, 11:10 AM

ahh thanks richard... unplugged the water sensor and the guage lights up. plug it back in the failsafe light is on. the water level is currently 2/3 to 3/4 of the 6qrt tank. so it looks like the sensor problem... i cant empty the tank tonight but i will empty it tomorrow and see if movign the sensor makes it work. anyway what can i do now.... looks like the water sensor has become a plug for the future.

btw i was under the impression if it was the water level the FS light should flash not stay on all the time.

btw JeffH is sending me an assembled tank with his level sensor as i requested baffles. but it wont get here for another 10days or so.
Old 21-03-2010, 10:46 PM

will the hfs3 work with the level sensor unplugged
Old 21-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Well, in regard to the low fluid light, mine remained on and the on-off switch wasnt operable. I figured that that was the failsafe not letting the system be operational
Old 21-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziad View Post
will the hfs3 work with the level sensor unplugged
Can you check if the level sensor is installed in the right way up? The lever should point upwards with a full tank.

One other possibility but rare. Os the senso very close a magnet? Such as existing washer pump or large bass speaker.
Old 21-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
Well, in regard to the low fluid light, mine remained on and the on-off switch wasnt operable. I figured that that was the failsafe not letting the system be operational
Unplug the level sensor, see if it makes a difference.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Unplug the level sensor, see if it makes a difference.
So this system has bugs. Wow. I didn't install it. How do I unplug the level sensor. This ain't my expertise. Plug and play I thought.
Old 22-03-2010, 01:53 AM

i would expect all new systems to have bugs... saying that hopefully hfs3 doesnt.

but i dont think this is a bug... most probably when i was installing the sensor i stuffed it or it was faulty sensor and had a short life span.