waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 22-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS3 problem

The level sensor/yellow led circuit logic is very basic. If you short circuit the level sensor, the yellow led comes on. If it stay shorted for more than 20 seconds, it will turn the entire system off. The yellow led will remain on.

Check the resistance of the level sensor. It should be either open or closed circuited.
Old 22-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
So this system has bugs. Wow. I didn't install it. How do I unplug the level sensor. This ain't my expertise. Plug and play I thought.
There is a small 2-way plug near the relay (by the tank). Unplug it and see if the yellow led turns off. If you tank is empty, it is normal to have the yellow led on all the time even the guage is turned off.
Old 22-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Howerton Engineering

Yes, this sounds like the low level sensor has turned the system off. If you unplug the low level sensor at the pump harness relay, right near the pump it should clear the problem on a ignition cycle. If it does, we need to see why you level sensor has an issue. As Richard said, any magnet type interference can cause this. I have seen this before, if the pump motor is very close to the low level probe it can cause an issue, but a big bass speaker or anything can do this.

Let us know what you find.
Old 22-03-2010, 06:01 AM

ok the sensor is it... i unplugged it and turn the car on.. the HFS3 is working.. plug it in and the failsafe light is on. it was working properly for atleast a week before this happened.

when i get some free time i will pull it apart drain the meth and check the sensor, currently running the car without the water level sensor connected.

the pump is about 1foot away from the level probe. there is a small washer bottle motor but i havent used it much. also there is a stepper motor on the variable flow exhaust muffler.. which is underneath the body of the car and about 10inches away atleast. maybe but its about 1inch diameter with 1.5" long. there arent any subs in the car... i wish i had some better music.

How far is the small washer motor away from the sensor?
Old 22-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am not sure why. The system was working for a while, the sensor decided to go short circuit. Any magnetic material has not changed location. Is the methanol 99% pure? Any traces of hydrocarbon wil destroy the sensor or at least cause the pivot point to swellup and stop the free swinging action of the lever.

Make sure the little arrow by the nut is on top. Also check if the lever is jammed in the horizontal position.
Old 22-03-2010, 01:41 PM

Jeff actually installed the pump and sensor for me in the tank prior to shipping so i don't know what to unplug. I'll check the directions out. Should the light be flashing when low?

Last edited by Raceready; 22-03-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 22-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The plug is at the end of cable run of ther level sensor. Do you have a tank full of water?
Old 22-03-2010, 06:31 PM

I believe the level sensor is operating as it should in my case. I didn't need to unplug it. When the level is low the yellowlight will periodically flash but this may just be due to the water moving in the tank. If it stays on for a while it will shut the gauge down but the light remains on. If I am on a hill I guess it senses water and the gauge will light up. When I get to flat area it will then cycle through the same sequence and eventually shut down.

I set the 'sc' to show 5 bars at full boost (one click clockwise). I've left the wl and wh settings at 12 o'clock as the instructions mentioned that being a good setting. Do I need to scale them?

Thanks for the help
Old 22-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The level sensor is working as it should.

As an experiment, try setting your WL fully counter-clockwise and the WH fully clockwise. This way the faisafe will never trip. You can then concentrate on your tank level sensor and yellow led.
Old 23-03-2010, 04:05 PM

[quote=I set the 'sc' to show 5 bars at full boost (one click clockwise). I've left the wl and wh settings at 12 o'clock as the instructions mentioned that being a good setting. Do I need to scale them?
Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

What about this Richard?

PS- I'm getting tuned Friday :-)

Last edited by Raceready; 23-03-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: More info