waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 18-06-2010, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Strange setup problems

Can you please see my questions below. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka View Post
Is there any way to tell the absolute amount of flow by looking at the flow meter? There is a legend on the gauge which reads 100 to 400 ml/min, but is that with what SC trimmer setting? If that's with 'centre' setting, how is the legend changed when SC is set to max?
Quote:
What is the correct orientation for the 15 psi check valve?

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...9/806-249.html

Now I have them so that the 1 bar arrows are pointing towards the nozzles. Is that correct?
Quote:
With the FDC linked, I'm getting full 8 bars above ~5000 rpm. ECU calculated fuel injector DC is ~75% at 5000 rpm. Does 8 bars mean that the HFS-3 is seeing already 100% DC. How can that be when the real DC is only 75%?
Old 18-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Is there any way to tell the absolute amount of flow by looking at the flow meter? There is a legend on the gauge which reads 100 to 400 ml/min, but is that with what SC trimmer setting? If that's with 'centre' setting, how is the legend changed when SC is set to max?
The pulses from the flow sensor (absolute value) can be intecepted from pin2 (yellow wire) of the blue harness, red wire is pin1. This raw signal will not be affected by the SC trimmer. Frequency to voltage converted signal (SC affected) can be obtained from test pin21.

Quote:
What is the correct orientation for the 15 psi check valve?

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...9/806-249.html

Now I have them so that the 1 bar arrows are pointing towards the nozzles. Is that correct?
You have installed it correctly.

Quote:
With the FDC linked, I'm getting full 8 bars above ~5000 rpm. ECU calculated fuel injector DC is ~75% at 5000 rpm. Does 8 bars mean that the HFS-3 is seeing already 100% DC. How can that be when the real DC is only 75%?
DFC is displayed between ~10-90% or 0.5V to 4.5V (2nd-9th bar). 8th bar shows the system is seeing ~80% F-IDC.

I have mentioned before test pin16 is what the system is seeing from the fuel injectors in voltage from 0-5V = 0-100%DC.
Old 18-06-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The pulses from the flow sensor (absolute value) can be intecepted from pin2 (yellow wire) of the blue harness, red wire is pin1. This raw signal will not be affected by the SC trimmer. Frequency to voltage converted signal (SC affected) can be obtained from test pin21.
So there is no way to see the absolute flow from the flow gauge? Why is there a 0 - 400 ml/min legend then?

Quote:
DFC is displayed between ~10-90% or 0.5V to 4.5V (2nd-9th bar). 8th bar shows the system is seeing ~80% F-IDC.
I can see only 8 bars on the gauge? Where is the 9th bar?
Old 18-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
So there is no way to see the absolute flow from the flow gauge? Why is there a 0 - 400 ml/min legend then?
It is possible if you calibrate the sensor against SC to give some representation of the voltage against flow. The 400ml is just a scale or multiple of.... The flow sensor is design for use with the failsafe, it is a simple flow monitoring system, Not intended to read absolute flow. If you want a true and calibrated flow sensor, I can supply one that is calibrated and signal conditioned to your setup. The sensor is ?80.00 and calibration will be ?60.00 on top.

As I mentioned before, the raw signal (pulsed) from the sensor can be used. But you can make your own decoder to make the output absolute.

Quote:
I can see only 8 bars on the gauge? Where is the 9th bar?
Correction, I meant the 1st to 8th. Sorry.
1st = 10-20%
8th = 80-90%
Old 21-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Here's a log from my first standing mile event. Will change to 0.4mm nozzles to get some more flow.

http://personal.inet.fi/private/iris...lli%20run2.png

Last edited by Ilkka; 21-06-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 21-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I think it is a good move to go for the 4mm. I just remembered to mentioned, if you have four inline checkvalves, it will further taxing the flow.

Do you mind if I resize the pictures for you? You do post great information!
Old 21-06-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I think it is a good move to go for the 4mm. I just remembered to mentioned, if you have four inline checkvalves, it will further taxing the flow.
Yes, I have four inline check valves. Probably the pressure drop through them is a little bit larger than what is claimed?

Quote:
Do you mind if I resize the pictures for you? You do post great information!
I changed it to a link instead of a picture.

Last edited by Ilkka; 21-06-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 22-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I suggest that you send the jets for size change and controller reflash as soon as you can. You last plot registered some knock events.

Pressure drop is directly proportion to the "cracking" pressure of the valve. A 15psi checkvalve will reduce 15psi across the valve. There are no reason to muddle the "actual" or "claimed" pressure drop discrepancy. Aside from the natural flow resistance due to turns and frictions.
Old 22-06-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I suggest that you send the jets for size change and controller reflash as soon as you can.
I have been in contact with your Finnish distributor, Sporttiauto, regarding the nozzle change. They say that they don't have 0.4mm nozzles in stock at the moment. I suggested that could you (Richard) send them to me directly instead, but I haven't got a reply yet. I would like to test them first before sending my current 0.3mm back. What if I get too much flow with them?

Why would the controlled need to be reflashed? If I'm using four 0.4mm nozzles, that's same as two 0.8mm nozzles. You have written that the controlled is optimized for two nozzles. Is two 0.8mm still not enough flow?

Quote:
You last plot registered some knock events.
Yes it did, but they weren't because of the W/M injection. Also Trionic 5 is very sensitive to register knocks. Usually they aren't real knock events.

Quote:
Pressure drop is directly proportion to the "cracking" pressure of the valve. A 15psi checkvalve will reduce 15psi across the valve. There are no reason to muddle the "actual" or "claimed" pressure drop discrepancy. Aside from the natural flow resistance due to turns and frictions.
Is it possible to raise the pumping pressure to compensate the drop?

Here ("pump pressure adjust" almost at the end) it says it can be done: http://www.impconcepts.com/porschetu...stallation.htm

Last edited by Ilkka; 22-06-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 29-06-2010, 08:00 AM

I think I'm having the same issue as described in this thread. If I'm accelerating with partial throttle (say 75%), all 8 bars on the gauge light up, but once I push it to the metal, flow meter drops to 4 bars. That can't be right so I'm assuming that the FAV isn't pulsing anymore with higher F-IDC and it is causing the flow meter to read wrong. Is there any way to reduce the F-IDC seen by the HFS-3 (change some components on the board)?

Last edited by Ilkka; 29-06-2010 at 08:44 AM.