waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 20-04-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Need help.........DDS2 not working correctly

Guy's,

Can anyone help me sort out this problem I am having with the aquamist DDS2 display.

The boost circuit doesn't light and not current flows out to the relay from the blue/red wires.

I had written Gary E at his board and he suggested that I might ask here.

Can anyone help me?

Please see additional post's below.

Gary,

We ran into a problem of some kind with the DDS2 controller.
There is not the final led lit at the "B"(boost) on the display?
Don't understand why this is not lit.
The water spray seems to be decent, and we tweaked the display window to read the max flow, but there isn't any power at my higher boost solenoid.
When we hooked this up the diagram for the "dash display system 2" was followed. I thought there should be 12 volts accross the red and blue wires that connect to the N/O relay.
Isn't this supposed to have a 12 volt signal that feeds the solenoid coil once the water flow is satisfied?
One other thing is there is one wire colored "purple" which is not called for a connection anywhere. Did I miss something??

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Paul

Please see below diagram.

Edited by: mr xtreme at: 4/18/05 6:16 pm
Gary Evans
(4/19/05 5:55 am)
New Post Re: DDS2 not working properly. We ran into a problem of some kind with the DDS2 controller.
There is not the final led lit at the "B"(boost) on the display?
Don't understand why this is not lit.

Did you adjust the window (to the right of the sensor calibration adjustment) to trigger the circuit?

The water spray seems to be decent, and we tweaked the display window to read the max flow, but there isn't any power at my higher boost solenoid.
When we hooked this up the diagram for the "dash display system 2" was followed. I thought there should be 12 volts accross the red and blue wires that connect to the N/O relay.
Isn't this supposed to have a 12 volt signal that feeds the solenoid coil once the water flow is satisfied?

That is correct.

One other thing is there is one wire colored "purple" which is not called for a connection anywhere. Did I miss something??

The purple wire isn't used.

The problem I ran into using this switch to arm the boost solenoid valve is that it can only be set to trigger at max water flow which would be fine if the system always ran at that rate. What happens however in practice is that the flow rate will drop slightly under boost since the pump is now working against a positive pressure. When that happens the switch will close the boost valve until the pressure drops and then continue to cycle back and forth. I finally gave up on that approach and have it turn on a bright LED on the dash. I also have a pump test button right at the water tank and verifiy that max flow rate is being achieved every time I refill the tank.

mr xtreme
(4/19/05 3:53 pm)
Reply | Edit New Post Re: DDS2 not working properly.

Quoteid you adjust the window (to the right of the sensor calibration adjustment) to trigger the circuit?

I turned the pot both ways c/ccw and it does nothing to light up the boost light and activate circuit.

Quote:I finally gave up on that approach and have it turn on a bright LED on the dash.

Yes, but won't the light flash on/off because of the pressure change?
Is it not connected to the same relay?

Actually I really need to find out why this boost light and circuit isn't activating.

Shouldn't the spray pressure be like 60lbs thru a .5 tip?
60 psi is quite a bit. I can stop this spray with no effort!!!!!
Is it possible there is not enough pressure for one reason or another?
We can have the scale pinned though through adjustment.

What type of bright light are you using, Gary? Where can we get one?

Thanks for all your time.

Paul

Gary Evans
(4/19/05 4:19 pm)
New Post Re: Re: DDS2 not working properly. I turned the pot both ways c/ccw and it does nothing to light up the boost light and activate circuit.

Ask Richard at this site for advise.
tinyurl.com/cxkgg

Yes, but won't the light flash on/off because of the pressure change?
Is it not connected to the same relay?

Yes it will act the same but I know whats happening.

Shouldn't the spray pressure be like 60lbs thru a .5 tip?
60 psi is quite a bit. I can stop this spray with no effort!!!!!
Is it possible there is not enough pressure for one reason or another?

You need 13.5v to the pump with the motor running at 5000rpm and the pump on. If you have that you should see 87-101psi to the jet.

What type of bright light are you using, Gary? Where can we get one?

A super brite LED from Radio Shack. It requires a resister to work off 12v as I recall.

Let me know if you need help installing.

mr xtreme
(4/19/05 4:54 pm)
Reply | Edit New Post Re: Re: DDS2 not working properly. I forgot I still need the circuit being "HOT" for even the light to work.

It's not a possibility that the "Grey" wire "optional connection" (left top of diagram" needs to be connected too for this option to work as it is not connected?

Funny, when troubleshooting this thing with a meter, if we take a reading across where the grey wire attaches"psw" and and power the relay energizes. That is both ways with the pump on or off.

Paul
Old 20-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Paul,

Have you linked the terminals marked in RED?
you will get a quicker respoinse if you post it to the ERL section