waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 20-09-2005, 11:02 AM

Default using heet

HI any body using heet for water injection Ive heard its 98% methanol. I want to know if it can be used in the aquamist pumps. Any info please
Old 02-11-2005, 11:11 PM

Yes I am using heet as a source of methanol. I have heard that it is 98% methanol. I have been using it for about two weeks now, and it seems a bit more responsive than denatured that I was using before, I think due to the burn time of methanol being slightly faster than denatured alk. I planning on buying methanol by the 5 gallon pail from a race gas outlet near me, so I won't have to pay twelve bucks for a gallon of methanol (heet). I can get 5 gallons for $30 from this place. Right now thought I am running a 40/60 mix methanol/water. The methanol coming from bottles of heet for the time being. But it has worked well thus far, so if you can buy it in bulk, and have no other source for methanol, it works pretty good.

There is a online store for race gas, methanol, etc. that will deliver to your door. Here it is:

http://highfuelsn.goemerchant7.com/index.cgi?PageToView=catalog&Department= 81051&Cartid=283401067729423&Merchant=hi ghfuelsn&ExpandedDepts=81113|81050

DP