waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 16-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWarner
Whenever really. I can get a day off, or do a saturday if you want. Are you going to book a rolling road to check it all out or will we just test the system works for now? I look forward to it.
Mike,

I am OK for this week, are you available?
Old 16-01-2006, 10:47 PM

How long do we need? Would turning up at 12:20 at some point this week give us enough time?
Old 16-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I will do what I can with whatever timing available.

I am just wire the unit and test if is reads the sensors properly. I think testing and tuning with the unit wil be another date on a dyno.

You can watch all the led flickering but it will not do any modifications to your fueling. It is also useful to see the lambda readings.

12.20pm is fine, just tellme the night before.

richard@aquamist.co.uk

Richard

Quote:
How long do we need? Would turning up at 12:20 at some point this week give us enough time?
Old 17-01-2006, 10:43 PM

Richard - How about tomorrow (Wednesday)?
Old 17-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Richard - How about tomorrow (Wednesday)?
Perfect. I will see you at 12.20pm.

Richard
Old 18-01-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelf
Richard if all goes well, I will be interested in aquiring this converter, will you be marketing it ? How much will it cost ?
I am not sure if this item is going to be manufactured, need to test the effectiveness first.

The cost will be low since there are no power switching components and no mechanical parts, just purely signal processing. Propbaly packaged with a WI system as a bundled kit. It has to be a car specific as we can't market it as a universal converter.

The reason why I went this route was our user has to pay a noticeable fee for some tuning company to access their ECU juist to take some fuel off in order to get the best out of WI.

In most cases, the tuner is reluctant to do it because the risk of running the engine too lean in absence of WI even a "failsafe" mechanism is available at hand.

Mike was a fine example. Without looking into the reason for loosing power, most people will just put the loss due to WI and not because the water was wetting the sensor causing it to run pig rich etc.

The first 30-50 horse power is quite easy to extract from a factory turbo car. But unfortunately by the time people considering WI as a power adder, most of the flow capacity to make power is used up. This is the reason why WI has never received a fair fight on the power game.

I hope that one day we can turn this around and see if anyone can extract more power from a set up after WI is fully exploited. It will be interesting. I hope by looking into supplying a tuning tool with WI (as with the converter), people may consider WI as their first tuning step.

Richard
Richard, contact Jon @ Courtenay if you want to discuss it with a tuner as I'm sure he'd like to hear what you have to say!
Old 19-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Have spoken to Jon this morning, he has found this project very interesting. He is looking forward to try it once the protptypen has worked properly.

Mike made it to me noon today and manged to run all the wires and test one function. Run out of time for get the rest tested and working.
The lambda part work very well. The bargraph tracks lambda voltage happily without any effort. I will be able to finish it on Friday.

The entire wiring was re-done. Now we have a 12-core cable lonking the engine bay and glove compartment.

Richard
Old 19-01-2006, 09:29 AM

My WI is still not being used so I am looking at this before I deside what to do with it, being winter there's no rush.
Old 19-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Richard - Thanks again for yesterday, hopefully we can complete the installation on Friday.

The car does not feel like it is losing power with water injection on anymore. It was difficult to tell before if there was a difference (after the jet was moved), I think this may have been down to the bad earth problem I had which may have restricted the power to the fuel pump - as the car generally felt slower anyway. (I thought I was getting used to it!).

It is a pity I didn't bring my camera with me - could I have a copy of the photos you took please? The installation is almost hillariously neat - I'm very pleased with it.

I look forward to Friday. I'll be leaving Falmer at 4pm, so should be with you by 4.30pm.
Old 19-01-2006, 08:51 PM

I will be at courtenays on there R/R in mid feb having a map put in. Hopefully my WI will all be fitted and working by then. After that hopefully fit richards little box of tricks and see what kind of power increase there is ! :wink: