waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 12-07-2008, 01:24 AM

Default nozzle sizing question

good day, i have a question pertaining to nozzle size. i am looking to buy a kit yet have not decided who's. seems the sellers all want to know what size nozzle i want. yup, like i'm an engineer. not, but i can tell you about baking. i can also install the kit but don't know squat about nozzle sizing. my engine is a 6.5 turbo diesel gmc it is not a duramax. i have modded it with a heath hp4 computer, heath turbomaster and a 4 inch turbo back pipe. i understand stock is 195hp but best guess says i am now closer to 250hp. someone suggested 625ml/min however one site i viewed gives an option for running two smaller nozzles. i assume it'd be closer to 312.5ml/min but would like to hear the opinions of others in regards to nozzle sizing and would it be beneficial for two nozzles. i'd like to get it right the first time. heath diesel offers a kit especially designed for my truck but he also designed the price along with it. ouch. there are various sellers on the big auction site and am leaning towards a cheapo kit as our temps rarely hit more than 30celcius and i rarely tow anything more than a 12ft tin boat with a 650 m/c along with a camper in the box. regards Ed
Old 17-07-2009, 11:16 AM

The reason for two nozzels would be better cooling and a finer spray. If you use two nossels with a good spacing between them, you'll get better evaporation into the intake air. I'm actually running three nozzels but all together becuase of space limitations and ease of access. At pressent I run about 860 cc/min on full boost, more at lower boosts (about 12.9 US gallons per hour gph). I have run just over 1 ltr per minute (16.4 gph) at max, reduceing power there but still running fine.

So I'd go for two nossels if you have the room to space them out and keep them as far from the inlet manifold as you can to allow better mixing and evapouration. not sure how much you should flow as I use 70-80% methanol where as I guess you'll be using less.