waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 09-05-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Is WI an alterative to IC

Hi i posted this in general effect but was told to post it in the diesel section as well so here goes.

I have a Toyota 2.4 TD 4x4 and was looking to intercool it execpt it has proven almost impossible to do this due to the car being an automatic and where a IC could fit it taken up by the transmission cooler

So i was wondering is WI a alterative to intercooling?

Also if i fitted WI would it help clear up my smoke emissions?

Cheers

Steve
Old 25-05-2005, 05:47 PM

Hi steve,

If placed together aquamist and intercooler would work even better. Anyway it would work less than an intercooler, but more in power expecially with a mixture of Water and Methanol.
Old 31-05-2005, 10:56 PM

Hi Steve

Is there any room for/chance of putting a Intercooler or charge cooler in the front wing, between the wheelarch liner (if it has one) and the bumper? Many OE installations use this for IC location, the possibility of using a charge cooler overcomes the problem of limited air flow in that area and lets face it, the space isn't much use for anything else! :lol:

Just a suggestion.

Your original question has also been discussed here http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12
You might find just the answer you were hoping for.
Cheers

Andy

There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Old 22-08-2005, 06:20 PM

The thread where people successfully used WI instead of an IC were all gassers, not diesels. I just completed a WI installation on my turbodiesel and was very disappointed to discover I got ZERO reduction in EGT's. The WI setup is working correctly (I verified everything). At the moment I'm not convinced that WI can replace an IC on a turbodiesel... need to read more threads though.

:cry:
Old 23-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Your diesel egt reduction is probably offset by the extended burnrate, put some methanol into the water will chemically advance your frame speed and should therefore see a reduction of EGT.

Try 25% methanol first.
Old 23-08-2005, 04:29 PM

OK - right now I'm running straight 100% water. I'll try a methanol mix and see what that does. I'll post back with results... thanks!!

Old 01-09-2005, 06:02 PM

Haven't been able to locate straight methanol yet, but I did pick up winterized washer fluid with methanol (unknown percentage). So far there is still no change in peak EGT's under extended WOT.

Also, I found my nozzle is rated 200cc / 3gpm. Should I increase my nozzle size or is it the correct one for my setup (3.0L turbodiesel, 150-180hp, 120psi pump)??

:?:
Old 20-09-2005, 07:56 PM

No reply? Is there an FAQ or something I'm missing here? How do I calculate the proper amount of water to inject, other than adding more and more until I see white smoke out the tailpipe?

:?:
Old 22-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Hi gsxr,

We've prepared a basic fuel for Aquamist injection in Diesel Engines. It's very gooooood :smile:
It costs about 0,62 ? + VAT per Liter.
We can send it everywhere.

Regards
Prometeus.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Update... with a 300cc nozzle (@ 100psi) my intake air temps stabilize around 150F, but the EGT's do not drop at all (using a water/methanol mix). I tried a 600cc nozzle and the intake air temps remain around 150F, still no EGT reduction, but I did get a slight power increase (possibly from the methanol being burned as fuel?).

Any ideas why my EGT's are not dropping? I've seem nearly 1500F at which point I chickened out and backed off the throttle...

:shock: