waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Water Vs. Meth

American People of Aquamist remember your Saturn Days and choose Methanol and 50/50 makes very good and impressive effects on engines, expecially diesels. Guess to have reminded something to someone working in NASA

Last edited by Prometeus; 02-08-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebez View Post
Also to be clear methanol and methylated spirits are very different or are we talking roughly the same thing here? And can methylated spirits be used in diluted form at all?

Please excuse my ignorance!
Careful, I think methylated spirits are different things altogether in different countries.

What is known as metho in Oz and NZ is not the same as what it is in the USA. Alcoholics drink metho in Oz!!!! [not me, I'd prefer a beer].
Old 20-07-2011, 07:59 PM

"What is known as metho in Oz and NZ is not the same as what it is in the USA. Alcoholics drink metho in Oz!!!! [not me, I'd prefer a beer]. "

Obviously you havent tried metho light

Very popular around some underpasses............. LOL
Old 25-07-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridentt150v View Post
Careful, I think methylated spirits are different things altogether in different countries.

What is known as metho in Oz and NZ is not the same as what it is in the USA. Alcoholics drink metho in Oz!!!! [not me, I'd prefer a beer].
Methylated spirits (metho) is in fact mostly ethanol (alcohol) which is found in beer/spirit. (do not drink metho it contains ipecac so you throw it up if you do)

Methanol (used for injection) is very similar and is classed as an alcohol due to its -OH group, but has one less carbon and there for has a lower boiling point/flashpoint . NEVER drink/mix drinks with methanol, its highly toxic.

Meth... that's another story :roll: