waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 05-10-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Installation on a Ga14 N/A

Hi there people - new to the Forum and the whole WI systems.

I want to do an experimental system on my Nissan Sentra GA14 (Normally aspirated Double Overhead Cam 16 Vlave 1400cc motor).

Most of you will probably ask WHY???

Well - I want to make het the strongest 1400cc N/A in the country.

The head is currently being gas flowed and ported, a 272 degree intake cam and 268 degree exhaust cam also being fitted. At the same time we are raising the compression ratio from 9.5 to 1 to 10.5 to 1. The problem is that the head does not like the heat and I need to cool her down.

I also want to negate the effect that the knock sensor is having on the timing and launches.

What size nozzle should I use on this system?? The smallest I can get locally is 22L per hour (367 ml per minute) and I am sure this is too much...

Also - what influence does a methanol/water mixture have instead of just water? Good or bad?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated - as I am replacing the Crank next and so I will be putting even higher compression and heat into the head.

(Hoping to end up with 130BHP at the wheels - YES from a N/A 1400 - currently sitting at 98 BHP)
www.teamdragon.co.za