waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Fuel and Oxidizers

Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Urea/DinitroUrea

H2NCONH2 that is.
I heard that urea induction in the CATALIST can help reduce NOx emissions. I think it is called SRC catalists.
But shouldnt that work for WI system as well?
Think about it. Urea is cheap, soluble in water, and perhaps can help to reduce NOx emissions.
Whats the gain in that apart from cleaner enviroment?Well lots of energy gets trapped in the N=O bond.Thats energy wasted under normal circumstances but the addition of Urea might help retrive it.Thats a lot of power mind you. N=O rich compounds are used to propel ICBM missiles.

And then there is DinitroUrea 2ONNHCONHO2. 2 moles of nitric acid added to one mole of urea.A humple fertilized you might say but as you can see there is a lot of oxygen in the molecure,so small concentrations should give a lot of power.
Please note that it is NOT explosive!!!

Lastly there is the H2O2 option that can be mixed with any of the above compounds at practicly every ratio! I have the feeling that the only restriction in the usage of any of the above is your motors durability!

Please notethat I havent used any of the above yet.I am waiting for my warrinty to expire and start playing!

Lastly I would like to post another possible explenation on why WI systems boost power/lower petrol consumtion.
Gasoline and water dont mix.
When the two get injected in the motor the gasoline might form a ring(sphere actually) around a droplet of water thus increasing the surface area of gasoline/air , where the reaction occures.
That predicts that the smaller the water particles,the larger the reaction surface area, the less gasoline is being wasted in your motor.

You can see what I mean when a in rainy days gasoline forms multicolored paterns on top of the water in the street.
That means that if all the above is correct the water particle size is importand as hell.

But I cant find such a detailed information on the net!

Has anyone tried any of these? Do you have anything to add to these thought?
My cars warranty expires in Octomber so I cant wait!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Urea injection is effective and is already being used on some commercial vehicles in Europe but only confined to pre-catylitic convertor injection.

Richard
Old 22-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Oups!

It seems that I made a mistake here and a major one that is

Dinitrourea is explosive and is getting hydrolized by water.

Mononitrourea on the other hand is rather stable in water but its is still explosive.

So anyone that wants to play should rather be carefull with this stuff.

Another interesting and rather dangerous oxidizer to play with is isocyanuric acid or pottasium dicloroisocyanurate.

Has anyone played with any of this?
Old 23-05-2006, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofAces
Oups!

It seems that I made a mistake here and a major one that is

Dinitrourea is explosive and is getting hydrolized by water.

Mononitrourea on the other hand is rather stable in water but its is still explosive.

So anyone that wants to play should rather be carefull with this stuff.

Another interesting and rather dangerous oxidizer to play with is isocyanuric acid or pottasium dicloroisocyanurate.

Has anyone played with any of this?
isocyanuric acid is somthing I can get my hands on. Howewer i am not comftorble feeding my AUDI with this staff. Need to fing a cheaper car to play with :?