waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 28-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Aquamist HFS-3 system for 2010 ..... "Q and A"

Any changes to schematic for v3?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The wiring is the same. A few configuration changes.
Old 20-10-2013, 08:56 PM

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 (6.1L engine)

Can I install the HFS3-v3 out of the box on my car?
Old 20-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Presently I am naturally aspirated but I have a Kenne Bell positive displacement supercharger that will be installed soon. However, I would like to install the HFS3-v3 before the install in order to become familiar with it. Once the SC is installed I plan to continue running the water/meth injection.

The Kenne Bell is a twin-screw "top mount" SC. That is, it sits on top of the engine replacing the intake manifold. Inside the SC are two anodized aluminum rotors and the associated mechanicals including steel bearing packs. Underneath the rotors is an aluminum aftercooler; the compressed air flows through this before entering the engine.

Q1: When the SC is installed I plan to inject water/meth pre-throttle body. Is this the optimum injection point for this system or should I inject post-throttle body?

Q2: Is methanol compatible with aluminum? Will I expect to see pitting and other corrosive effects on the anodized aluminum rotors and\or the aluminum aftercooler?

Q3: Will the steam or water vapor wash out the bearing packs in the SC?
Old 21-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I believe Kenne Bell should be able to give you a more accurate answer on Q2 and Q3.
Does Kennie Bell have customers that run alcohol, e85 etc pre S/C. Ethanol and methanol are very similar.

Q/A #1: Pre S/C will require more W/M as part of the cooling effect is absorbed by the S/C. It is possible to inject after the SC? I guess the next question would be does the w/m do the same for the piston and rings? Possible at a greater effect due to the elevated temperatures.
Old 22-10-2013, 02:10 AM

Unfortunately the case seems to be SC companies conservatively saying NO to meth injection... and WMI companies aggressively saying YES to meth injection. It's difficult to have an honest wide-ranging conversation due to these folks hiding behind their vested interests.

Many folks I know have asked the question to Kenne Bell's technical support and have received conflicting answers depending on who, exactly, they spoke with. I believe the response has been further muddied by conversations that were not clear about whether or not tuning would be adjusted for meth injection.

Your answer to me is fair; I should be talking to Kenne Bell about this, however, for the reasons stated above I'm trying to expand the conversation. In any event, I will be spraying WM :-)

I ordered the HFS-2 through Jeff Howerton and very much look forward to installing this on my car. I will be the ONLY PERSON that I know of in the Hemi world who uses Aquamist, and I find this to be a shame. I've invited Jeff to join my online message board to introduce us to Aquamist, and I'd like to extend that invitation to you, Richard.

We have many members now running over 1,000 HP engines, and many more running over 500. As such, effective octane and the management of combustion temps is crucial, and I would like to see my fellow enthusiasts be familiar with and have the opportunity to buy the best meth system possible, which presently is Aquamist IMO.

Please consider joining and contributing to meth conversations at www.LXforums.com . As with all forums, there are rules for vendor solicitation, and I don't know much about all that, I would only like to see the Hemi world become more familiar with Aquamist.

I have a specific thread where it wouldn't be against the rules if you joined to discuss the technical aspects of PWM vs. PPS systems.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f286/w...vs-pps-344686/
Old 22-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

It appears the SC companies want the benefits of WMI but not the responsibilities.

My view is the same as Kennie's, I would not want to be on the wrong side of an argument if things did not work out. No WMI maker has the technical resources to say categorically the WMI will not affect the SC adversely. I believe the some burden should be carried by the end use as they benefit from the usage. The WMI theory is sound, proven to be effective since 1940s on all automotive engine. Temperature is the biggest enemies to engine components if it cannot be maintained by the conventional water/radiator setup. This is particularly evident on supercharged and turboed engine when stretched. Ambient temperature, fuel quality also plays and important part on this.

Just a quick summing upon this topic, addition of water or addition fuel will reduce the combustion temperature directly and effectively. It will be your choice to make regardless of the engine or SC longevity. We merely give you another option.

I have to be a vendor to post on forums, I cannot do it any other ways. I am happy to continue to discuss this topic here.
Old 22-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, but can you explain how the 70% IDC and 30% MPS configuration works in the v3.0 of the HFS-2/3 systems?
Old 22-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

100% IDC input will only produce 70% of the total flow
100% MPS input will only produce 30% of the total flow.

Does this make sense? I cannot think of any other way to explain this.
Old 22-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I went to the lxforum link you posted. It is weird no one replied to such an important performance gap between the PPS an PWM-V systems. Plenty of people looked in though.

Too complicated to understand or just uninterested? May be you have upset the PPS guys? It was quite an outspoken post.