waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 08-11-2004, 08:17 AM

Default air fuel ratios

Hi anybody knows whats the AFR'S when you have water injection on. I have a wide band meter. I just got my water injection in. I have the aquamist 1s system I running the .8mm jet. Im running 50/50 mix of water and methanol. My readings are mostly 10.5 -11.1 is that to rich or is that a good reading.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Re: air fuel ratios

What are your readings without W.I.?

It would be useful to know what engine it is, or what boost it's running (and what boost W.I. kicks in)

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 08-11-2004, 04:52 PM

Default AFR'S

have a nissan hardbody p/u. Its the nissan NAPZ motor 2.4 liter. Its sort got a custom turbo. The turbo and exhaust manifold is form a Nissan BlueBird Its form Japan. The manifold and turbo bolts up to the Nissan block with no modification. My block is bored 40 over its got JE Pistons 8.0.1 compression. Its got custom con rods its from Pauter Machine. The cyl. Head has been ported And polished its also O ringed and also the block its got a SCE copperr head gasket. Ive got ARP main and head studs. My turck has a throttle body injection system. For my Fueling Ive made a custom Fuel Rail Its got 4 MSD 50 lbs hr injectors. Its controlled by an SDS Simple Digital Systems Extra Injector Controler. I have Paxton external fuel pump, I also have a 15 gal fuel cell. I wanted to add water injection cause I don't have an intercooler. Right now Im running 8 psi with the water injection Im planning running maybe 12 psi or more. I dont know how to post pictures on this forum but Ill post a link where you can view my veh. http://members.cardomain.com/pocketchange
Old 09-11-2004, 11:22 AM

So you're running 8:1 CR

Do you happen to know what sort of CR this engine normally runs?

In any case though, you've got the W.I. injecting at 4-5psi, right?

John

www.max-boost.co.uk