waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 12-12-2015, 01:34 PM

Default aquamist HFS2 FAV problem

I ordered aquamist HFS 2 kit for my mx-5 NB supercharged.
It was not possible to install intercooler cause no space in "coldside" installation of eaton mp62 blower directly to the intake manifold.

When I ordered HFS2 kit (app. 2years ago) from Jeff Howerton in US some small parts important for installation was missing in it. He wrote me that he could send me it, but better way for me is to order it in local supplier. I was little bit confused.

After about 4000km from kit installed, it stops working cause "FAV" solenoid valve unit failure. I wanted to claim it but it was not possible. Jeff Howerton wrote me to contacted Richard from aquamist. He wrote me that failure was involved by hydrocarbon contamination.
I do not understand what is it, never heard about it. I used only distilled water and methanol mixture from closed bottles. My hole system is very clean, also engine bay, car is not daily driven. Like you can also see in att. photos.

I just order "chinese" (but what is not pruducted in china these times?) solenoid valve and installed it instead aquamist "FAV" solenoid valve.
I also check its current consumption. Chinese solenoid consumption was 1,28A max instead of 1A max of "FAV" valve, so I connected it directly to the aquamist HFS2 ecu FAV output.

Output from solenoid ventil connected to hose with injector fixed to wiper for testing it by car running. It started to squirt water about 3500rpm and ammont of water fluently raises in dependence of boost/rpm.

I paid 8,-? for that solenoid valve instead of 100,- ? for aquamist "FAV" crap.

For me price 600,- ? was not cheap for HFS kit. I also expected longer life for components of kit in this price range, than only 4000 km. I think that "FAV" ventil is totally crap for this application.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (95.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20151104_121202.jpg (94.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by elektron; 12-12-2015 at 09:46 PM.