waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 25-04-2014, 02:21 PM

Default Please explain how

Soooo ...W/M newb questions here...been thinking about it...

I just ordered HFS-4

So most people go W/M to lower IATs during the summer to get that winter time performance....so I was thinking, if your car was sitting in a parking lot with the hot sun on it all day...inside the cabin gets above 100F sometimes. If your meth mix is in the trunk like mine will be, that means its been super heated as well. So please explain to me how spraying 100F+ liquid post IC, lowers IATs so dramatically to get winter time performance?

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the meth part of the mix? But then again some people run straight water dont they?

Now I'll be doing Post IC and DPI, so I get the meth part of the mix will be raising my Octane level to be able to get a stronger explosion to make more power. I guess im just lost on how it really lowers IATs...

I'm looking for a technical explanation if you know....not just, "Its the meth dude, its magic."
Thanks

EDIT: ALSO.....IF I was going to an event where i wanted to MAXIMIZE performance possibilities....would I benefit from wrapping my tank in ice packs or cooling it in some way? I figure spraying extra cold mix would show great performance results over a hot mix.....
Old 26-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Please explain how

There are two processes involved here.

Temperature change of the liquid (specific heat) does not affect the greater effect of cooling by evaporation much (latent heat).

Water:
- Specific heat capacity of water ........ 4.2kJ/kg/C
- Latent heat capacity of water ......... 2260KJ/kg

You can see from above the two effects.

There is another advantage of having a warmer liquid with lower viscosity, it atomises better at the nozzle tip. There is no advantage of cooling the liquid in the tank.
Old 30-08-2016, 09:26 AM

Now it is looking like very simple.
thanks Mr. Richard L
Old 08-08-2017, 05:48 AM

I have read the complete thread and I just want to add few line that I have HFS-4 old version and it is available now at version 3.1. As a electrical engineer I have submitted many projects by getting (Assignment Help Online) on "Howerton Engineering". This is an upgrade version and it has added with extra jumper features to change the Pre-amp on the circuit for DI applications plus bigger injectors and it has no longer needs soldering for altering. It has supreme safety protection for your engine.

Last edited by megan704; 08-08-2017 at 07:32 AM.