waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Default using windshield washer fluid or isopropanol

Hi does any body use windshield washer fluid or isopropanol rubbing alcohol in there aqua mist. Ive been debating which one to use right now im just using straight distilled water I know with either one you have better cooing. I dont have access to get methanol fuel. im stuck with those two. :?:
Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

isopropanyl is limited to 25% for the aquamist pump.

If you are not getting freezing winter temperatures in your area, why not just use water only?

Where are you located? On the "injection mixture" section in this Forum, there are a few clues to sourcing Methanol in the USA.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Default mixtures

I live on the island of maui the only way i can get methanol is I order a 55 gallons of it which is too much.Here the island nobody uses it for racing gas. Thats why I have to get a barrel of it. I thaught if you added some type of alcohol you get better cooling. is straight distilled water for better cooling. :sad:
Old 03-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Alcohols can be good for inlet cooling as it evaporates at a lower temperature - anywhere between -80C to +60C. Water can handle temperature better between 0C to 100C.

You need to inject twice as much alcohol to get the same effect as water. Alcohol evaporates quicker but also finish quicker than water. - it is a balance you need to apply to your particular set up.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM

Default mixtures

What about windshield washer fluid I can get it locally its got some methanol in it I think about 30 to 40 percent in it. The label says methyel alcahol.up to 20 below. Is it safe to use in in the aquamist pumps. plus Im running the .3mm jets 4 of them in the intake manifold.which has an internal filter in it .Im just wondering if it will get clogged .if not than I just use straight distilled water. :?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:41 PM

You can use window wash fluid/water mixtured without any problem, i've tested it on a Volvo T4, also you can use metanol/water mixtured,grtz

http://www.maxxline.nl/root/upload/jacky_banner.jpg
Old 05-01-2005, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Jacky
You can use window wash fluid/water mixtured without any problem, i've tested it on a Volvo T4, also you can use metanol/water mixtured,grtz
So did I :lol:

BUT MAKE SURE there's no more than 5% ethanol in the mixture!!

I've been looking for window washer fluid with methanol for over a year.
Couldn't find it. I found something with 30% isopropylalcohol in it (That's all the bottle said). I called the manufacturer and it turned out to have 30% ethanol in it as well. So I went to distilled water and methanol.
(finally found the stuff in an rc-cars/planes shop)

I just add a little washer fluid for:
1) The soap in it MIGHT decrease surface tension of the mixture, which might make the mist even finer.
2) I want it to be a bit blue so I see the difference with the bottle's with just water and/or methanol in it.

BTW, in the beginning I had stuff with just isopropyl in it, worked great, no
problems with the pump.

BTW2: I'm thinking about going to the shop to buy some nitro, but I'm still a bit scared of what the stuff might do to the pump seals. But it's tempting :twisted:
Janis