PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 litre engine -13.5 comp ratio - Water Injection Solution

kouzman
18-06-2004, 01:52 PM
hello...

i new here...
i own a european model...the peugeot 206 Coupe Cabriolet with 1.6 litre 16valve engine...

at its normal setuo the engine runs a 105 wheel power and till now we are up to 140 wheel power from 1.6 litres...

recently we tuned the engine with wiseco pistons, 13.5 compressio ratio, KENT 280 degrees 11.04 lift cams, double valve springs, Spresso Racing head gasket, APR head bolts, 60mm throttle body, 8500rpm rev limiter, blue printed head, 4-1 supersprint header, straight throught exhaust system (lots of flames... :lol: :lol: ), Helix 2.5kg flywheel, AP Racing clutch and a lot more...

and in a few days we ll install a DTA stand alone management system with a 9000rpm rev limiter, because the factory one sucks (and thats the reason that we cannot get serious power)...

we are aiming to 165-170 wheel horsepower with a single throttle body and more when we install a 45mm throttle body injection system...

Our problems start with the excessive heat here in Greece... so we decided to use water injection in order to lessen detonation...

can someone tell me some water injection systems. here in greece we know Spearco and Aquamist. which one is better for a NA engine?

FREESTYLER
27-06-2004, 09:48 AM
im in the same boat with my datsun 1600, 2litre engine running close to 12:1 comp ratio, just keeps pinging
i bent my last head from it
car is still carby, running twin 45mm webbers (4x45mm)
want to build my own water/methenol injection kit rather than buying one

Giles Gilbert
29-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Folks,
I'm running a turbo S2000 which has 11:1 compression ratio and 7+ PSIg of boost. I use an aquamist system injected just before the throttle body so that it acts as knock control. I have a standalone engine management system so essentially I used the Aquamist 1s system with the water manifold from the Aquamist 2s system. I'm using an accumulator as well to reduce pulsing. I'm using a ratio of 10:1 disitilled water, i.e. 10% of fuel injector duty cycle. It works very well in reducing knock.
Later this summer I will be installing a similar system on a 14+:1 compression ratio normally aspirated S2000. I will be using the same system as in mine.
Thanks,
Giles