waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Marine and Airplane

Old 30-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Site AdminModeratorAffiliatedContributing MemberVendor SponsorManufacturer Sponsor

Default WI for hardworking marinengine?

Have a 6.2/6.5 GM N/A diesel in may boat, it runs real nice but it realy have to work hard. The pump is turnd upp and its working 200-300rpm’s under WOT while crusin (and the WOT is 100-300 rpm to low). Yes, maybe the engine is to small for the boat, but my wallet is to.

Since the 6.2/6.5 engines dont have a reputation of being very reliable, I am wondering if WI could be a way of ease its burden?
The way I see it it must be the heat that is the posible problem, not the power since turbo versions of this engine produces 195-400HP!
And since I cruise in a freshwaterlake there is a lot of water to be used...

I have read a lot about WI(on the internet), but allmost everything is about overloaded engines and/or gas engines and very litle about N/A diesel.

/Jocke

In the NACA pappers from WW2 that i have read(but not fully understood) its clear that large amount off water realy cools the engine down. Water-fuel ratios from 0,5 to 1,5 seems to do the trick.

But does this much water raise or lower the power output of the diesel engine? It is still the same amount of fuel being injected !
Old 13-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Manufacturer sponsor
Site AdminModeratorAffiliatedContributing MemberVendor SponsorManufacturer Sponsor

In order not to loose power by cooling the combustion chamber, you nned to apply water only when the engine is in distress. Under this conditions water inejction can utiliase the excess heat to generate steam to produce more cylinder pressure, hence torque increase.

It is possible to achive this without turbo by running the mixture a bit richer (hence more heat and more stress). This will produce better BSFC overall.
Old 31-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Default Re: WI for hardworking marinengine?

Many people have been using it for the turbo diesels. have you thought about turbocharging it? Heath diesel may be able to help you out.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 AM

Looks like maxxypane is a spammer ?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

post deleted, thank you.