waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gallery - NEW (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HFS-6 installed on 07 STi (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1936)

jsti07 04-02-2011 10:39 PM

Re: HFS-6 installed on 07 STi

Richard, do you happen to remember when you sent out those fittings? thanks

Dust 10-02-2011 02:25 AM

someone on nabisco did the same thing with their kit, and they had to superglue the bottom tank's cap on.

Howerton Engineering 10-02-2011 03:31 AM

Do you have a vented or non vented cap? There are two types of vented caps:

1) Through a hole in the top
2) Through the threads

Either could be tough to seal. There is also a non-vented cap. My suggestion for sealing the non-vented would be to remove the rubber gasket the cap seals to the top of the tank with, and coat the entire underside of the cap and the outer threads of the tank with epoxy and screw together tight.

The other option is to tank the tank to a plastics place and have them weld a piece of plastic over the hole where the cap screws on. They can do a spark test to make sure it's air and liquid tight. We have a local place(40 miles away, considered local in CA lol) here that can do it. Should only cost $10-$15 or so to do.

jsti07 10-02-2011 04:01 AM

Thanks for the help guys.I do have a non vented cap on the tank.

I did figure out the problem though. Richard sent me some new fittings and I replaced the one that was leaking. I tested the tank with the new fitting and held the tank up side down and there were no leaks from the cap or any of the fittings. Now I just hope it stays that way.

jsti07 17-02-2011 04:16 AM

Today I went to turn over the car and let it warm up (been sitting in winter storage) and when I went to turn on the aquamist gauge/initiate the kit, the gauge would not light up. The low water (yellow) light does light up, so I know the gauge does have power but when I went to push the button nothing would happen. Does anyone have any idea of why the gauge wont light up or initiate?

The only thing that I can come up with is that there is no methanol in the and because of that it will not allow the kit to turn on.

Also, I have turned on the gauge before, just a few weeks ago, when I had the level sensor and pump disconnected and it did light up.

Howerton Engineering 17-02-2011 05:04 AM

The system is not turning on because it is sensing a low level in the tank.

jsti07 17-02-2011 09:35 PM

Good. That's what I was thinking.

Thanks for letting me know.

Richard L 19-02-2011 12:39 AM

Sorry Jsti07.

During the startup routine, if the system detected low tank level, it will not allow the system to switch on, the yellow water level led will be lit on the gauge to warn you.

You can either fill yopu tank up or unplug the blue harness to reset it, but it will only stay on for 20 seconds and go back to sleeping mode.

It is better to fill the tank up.

jsti07 16-03-2011 09:49 PM

Is it common for the methanol tubing to turn yellow?

Richard L 16-03-2011 10:02 PM

This is an interesting quetsion, we have a few people mentioning that. I donlt know the answer why some do and some don't. Pobbibility due to the properties of the plasticizer used in the mix to make the hose softer to handle.

Have you tried the new elbow fittings yet? The one with a "M" stamped on it.