waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Hi Guys

Interesting thread..

I have an MR2 turbo...it runs no intercooler for one reason or another..

At present it has a red 0.7 and a green 0.5 jet on the old style aquamist pump...50/50 ethanol/H20 triggered at 6psi.

Engine is bone stock rev2, it runs 20psi boost on a GT3071R with a link G4 ECU on 880cc injectors at around 60% DC, present power is around 350bhp/350lbft

It has been mapped with the methanol/H20 and also runs 95 octane fuel..very happy with the amount of timing advance we could get from the motor with it setup like this, when we mapped the car I still had the small sidemount intercooler and temps with a single 0.7mm jet was fine and even on an ambient 25c day after 1 hour of repeated mapping runs on the motorway we never saw over 35c degrees

As mentioned the intercooler has now been removed and even with the addition of another 0.5mm injector temps are very high and have been recorded at 90c on my datalog, i hope to get this on video but for now i just have a still image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6OX4...ature=youtu.be

I have recently ordered a devils own kit and hope to inject pre turbo as well as using the present kit in its present location, I will update this thread with the findings on the datalog as i go, i am only recording temp just before the TB and I am only interested in reduction of inlet temps at this time.

I thought some of you guys might be interested to see what happens, any ideas as to how much extra H20 I will be able to inject?, will I be able to get down to 30c with H20 alone?

Last edited by T.F.S.; 03-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.