waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-06-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Installation advice needed on a 1.8l 20VT VAG engine

Hi guys, my first post on this very interesting forum. I live in Athens Greece and unfortunately temperatures are realy HIGH during summer (sometimes exceeding 40C). So i decided to install an aquamist 1s system to my car.
My car is a MY2003 Seat Leon 1.8l 20vt which after a turbo replacement, new larger injectors, custom ECU tuning, new exhaust turbo back, 100cell cat and a FMIC, now produces 300HP and 43Kgm of torque.
Two reasons made me decide to install WI:
- high EGT (970C) when going for top speed
-wish to run more timing.
So here are the questions:
- I talked to the quy who is going to install the system and he wants to install the injector to the entrance of the FMIC (FMIC is going to have water spray very soon). After reading your posts i understand this is not a very good idea, so where should i ask him to install the injector?
-Should i use a mix of water/methanol or just distilled water? (i also use toluene for Knock supression will the possible use of methanol has to do anything with that?)
- Car is running 1.8 bar overboost and 1.5 bar ct boost. In what pressure should i adjust the WI to kick in?
-Lamda on my car is tuned on 0.83 should i expect any increase in HP with the use of WI?
Sorry for the big post but i am confused so any help is welcome.