waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-11-2015, 05:49 AM

Default HFS 3 diagram and FailSafe issue.

I am back tracking and checking all wires after I noticed a problem.

The wiring diagram for the 2004 Subaru WRX (HFS3v2) does Not agree with the ones for the ECU/ECM pinout for injectors. All of the ones in the diagram were back probed while connected to the ECU (4 partially pink wires) and showed 12v(+). On the wrx ECU pin out it states they are all "speed" signals. The only (-) is a common ground.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...ru_Impreza.php

Is this "speed signal" (+) fine? Or do we have to go through the firewall and splice a (-) on a injector?

Now for the issue.

My HFS problem is once I trigger my SYS jumper the pump stays ON and wont shut off. The amber light for "Thresh" also stays locked to ON, until I unplug it from the ECU plug. Turning off the gauge or unplugging the trunk connector only turns it off until I plug it back in (unless I wait for a loud click coming from the Hfs3 box after maybe 5min (sounds like the K1C12H, mini relay).

I checked the relay to make sure its not just stuck but the coil IS activated, meaning something is telling the system to stay ON.

I'd like to know how to fix this

Thanks

Jonathan

Tags
troubleshooting, wiring