PDA

View Full Version : URD Custome Aquamist water injection kit????

kaistie
23-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, Newbie here. I am interested in putting an WI on my supercharged Tacoma. I just upgraded the fuel system and have recently learned the value of WI. Could any of you experts in the field give me some advice on how to pick a unit. This is a daily driver...in fact I put about 800 miles a week on the truck. I live in AZ, but work in CA...so my commute is rough. Nevertheless, I want to do this mod, but the company that sold me my fuel system upgrade has a WI kit for 680.00. This seems to be a little costly...what do you guys think. Here is the link, please check this out if you can and let me know if this system will work for my application and price. Thanks guys!
http://www.urdusa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0015&Category_Code=

Richard L
24-02-2004, 02:18 AM
kaistie,

The price quited seemed a bit low for a system2c with the current exchange rate.

You may not need a system2c. A system1s goes below 600 dollars. There are a few Shurflo pump based system around that goes between 250-300 dollars - they are quite good value of your money. Do some search on the internet.

kaistie
24-02-2004, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. The only reason I am thinking of this system is that it is provided spacifically for my truck from the same company, in conjunction with the fuel system I already have. I know that they don't make the kit, but I thought it would be easier to go with the same company. I have done quite a bit of research, but really don't know what I am looking at. Also, I have no idea if what I am buying is going to work without major modification, or if I am getting ripped off. I am not all that concerned with the cost, as long as I am not overpaying for something I could get elsewhere for 1/2. Also I don't want to damage my engine b/c of lack of knowledge.

I guess my question is will this kit work? Is it overkill? Will it provide added security from unwanted engine damage?

Thanks again! I have always wanted to try WI and now finally have a good excuse. I think I am more concerned with protecting the engine from detonation and excessive intake temps...esp. in AZ summer heat than I am with power.