PDA

View Full Version : Will atomisation occur?

johndgt4
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi,

I have a WI kit that utiilises a pressurised tank system and basic nozzles with straight through 0.4mm nozzles. When I activate the system with the car stationary all I get is a jet of water from the nozzle, not unlike a water pistol. Obviously under boost there will be an extra bar of pressure exerted on the water. I am concerned that the water will not atomise properly even though the system works great with regards to reducing knock etc. I have been told that the speed/heat of the air will atomoise it as soon as it leaves the nozzle but it has always been a doubt of mine and I have been considering getting a misting nozzle to be on the safe side but wondered if this would work with, what I assume, is quite a low pressure pump.

Thankss

John

JohnA
04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
The way you describe it atomisation is far away still.

You probably need a few more bar pressure behind the nozzles. You should see mist, like fog --- not like a waterpistol

keithmac
05-05-2006, 11:37 PM
The ERL pumps run around 4 to 5 bar or more, with a 1mm nozzle I get a very fine mist due to the pressure. You could presurise the container with a line from the manifiold but at best this will just equalise the pressure at the jet. 1 bar isn`t nearly enough to get a good mist, and you need a propper jet..