PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist 2D. How can one turn on the W/I by button?

mx5
27-02-2004, 11:37 PM
On my 2D I would like to have the feature to turn on the spray when not under boost - to cool down the intake and the blower.

One idea is just to mount a button parallel to the terminals of the Aquamist 2D air pressure switch? Does the Aquamist switch close when it senses the boost it was set at?

Will this setup work? Has anyone tried making the 2D running all time (no boost triggered)?

Richard L
27-02-2004, 11:47 PM
There are a number of ways:

1) For full spray, ground the brown wire going to the HSV. You will not do any damage to the system.

2) For spray relative to your fuel injector. break one of the wire to the manifold pressure switch (806-157).

mx5
28-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Great! Thanks!

atl93fd
01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm assuming this can be accomplished with a toggle switch as well?

mx5
01-03-2004, 09:02 PM
On Saturday I tried to run the Aquamist 2D full time by disconnecting one of the wires to the air pressure switch (806-157).
Disconnecting the wire activated the W/I, but with the engine at idle the water coming out of the nozzle has nothing to do with atomised water spray. It was more of stream which doesn't mix with the air but will fill the intake manifold with water which is bad.

Only if I blip the throttle to get the car into boost - the stream coming out from the nozzle transforms into mist.

Is this normal? If so looks like using the 2D following the injector cycles when not into boost is not a good idea - since the HSV opened for short time can't make the nozzle producing mist.

Now time to try the full spray (grounding the brown wire). To activate full spray at idle - along with the grounding the brown wire do I have to disconnect one of the wires to the air pressure switch too? Also the brown wires doesn't have to be disconnected from the HSV, right? (But just grounded while still connected to the HSV)

Richard L
01-03-2004, 09:48 PM
It is normal for the jet to dribble at low duty cycle, imaging turning down the tap on a gardening hose. This is the reason why the aquamist will only inject water under boost.

You don't need to open the 806-157 to activate full spray. Shorting the brown wire to ground will bypass all that.

It is not advisable to use a toggle switch but a momentary switch where the spray will stop by releasing your finger.